AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a condo with the terrace facing the wrong way, so the only way to get Directv is by putting the dish on the roof and running a line two stories down the side of my building, through the garage and up into my unit, for $1500. But I hear that Directv will have wireless IN THE HOUSE when they get MPEG4 technology up and running (I live in LA). Does anyone know the range of the wireless technology? (Nobody at Directv seems to know.) I don't want to pay $1500 for the install and find out that in a few months, there'll be technology that goes wireless from the dish on the roof, two stories (over 40 feet) to my unit. So would the wireless range just be in my condo unit, or would it extend from the unit, two stories up to the dish on the roof?? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No u will still need one line from the dish to the stb

Directv will have a wireless stb that will allow to send satellite from the wireless stb to other stb's

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiem98
thanks, but how do you know this? (before I shell out $1500).
Look up the Home Media Center here that Directv is putting out, they are not coming out with a wireless dish, just future wireless support between a master STB and client STB's in the house.

I highly suggest you have all 4 available runs on the dish brought into your condo when you pay $1500 to have it run so you don't need to pay for more in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.