AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I performed a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for so if this has been addressed elsewhere send me a link.

I am in the market for a new AV receiver and since I have hardwood floors I am trying to find an AV receiver that allows me to run my rear speakers wirelessly. I've seen HTIB systems that offer a rear wireless upgrade form Panasonic and Samsung. Essentially they allow one to purchase a separate wireless kit that includes a card for the HTIB Receiver, which transmits sound data to a stand-alone rear wireless receiver that plugs into a power outlet and the rear surround speakers. Thus far I have only been able to find AV receivers that allow a wireless upgrade of this nature as a part of a full HTIB package. Since I already have nice, if old, speakers and only need an AV receiver I would rather pour my money into a better receiver instead of speakers that I don't need.

Is there a stand-alone AV receiver (Preferably in the sub-$500 range) that allows for a later wireless speaker upgrade?

Alternatively is there a wireless rear receiver amp kit that will attach to standard surround speakers, but work with a non-HTIB (i.e. typical AV) receiver?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Panasonic SA-XR700 has an optional wireless rear speaker connector - see the thread HERE for links to the users manual.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofsouth /forum/post/0

I performed a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for so if this has been addressed elsewhere send me a link.

I am in the market for a new AV receiver and since I have hardwood floors I am trying to find an AV receiver that allows me to run my rear speakers wirelessly. I've seen HTIB systems that offer a rear wireless upgrade form Panasonic and Samsung. Essentially they allow one to purchase a separate wireless kit that includes a card for the HTIB Receiver, which transmits sound data to a stand-alone rear wireless receiver that plugs into a power outlet and the rear surround speakers. Thus far I have only been able to find AV receivers that allow a wireless upgrade of this nature as a part of a full HTIB package. Since I already have nice, if old, speakers and only need an AV receiver I would rather pour my money into a better receiver instead of speakers that I don't need.

Is there a stand-alone AV receiver (Preferably in the sub-$500 range) that allows for a later wireless speaker upgrade?

Alternatively is there a wireless rear receiver amp kit that will attach to standard surround speakers, but work with a non-HTIB (i.e. typical AV) receiver?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased one of those panasonic HTIB it came with a wireless FX80 speaker and I purchased a extra fx60 (the one where you can install your own rear speakers)

it's a nice little system for a small room. im using it as my main set up ( im broke
)

the wireless fx80 is like a center channel (but for the rear)

and the fx60 lets me hook up my own speakers

both are nice because you dont have to run wires across the room

(but the fx60 you still need to run some wires
)

and you can run them pretty far (as far as 20~ feet)

the bad

there is a low hummin noise that is always there when you turn the system on

it's gone when you mute the system or turn it off

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. Any others?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.