AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to home theater and was looking for a way to setup rear speakers without running cables from the receiver. I was surprised to find no topics in AVS Forum and very little information on Google. Why is there so little information on this subject matter? I would expect this to be a highly desirable feature in home threater setup.

Are there technical limitations or lack of demand?

·
Registered
663 Posts
i believe if you went with wireless rear speakers, you'd have to put amplification on the speaker end of the wireless connection.

radio shack sells a 2.4 gig wireless repeater for left/right/video, and presumably you could use that for this application. i use one to send tivo to a bedroom, and it works ok. the video signal is below average, and the sound quality is tolerable. my expectations weren't high, so it works for me.

wether or not this would be acceptable in a moderate HT, i don't know. you may also experience some time delay in the signal reaching the speakers.

all in all, it's a possible, but by no means ideal solution.

·
Registered
46 Posts
9Volt is right, you need to power the speakers, which means you still have wires, plus each speaker needs to be conviently located near an electrical outlet. Most importantly, most (if not all) wireless speakers sound like crap. You're much better off using regular speakers and finding a way to hide the wires. Maybe try using those cable raceways or whatever they call them available at Home Depot or Lowe's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.