AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a media player that will wirelessly transmit HDMI straight to a projector?

I bought an epson eb-1771w for home and work use, but at home, it's not really convenient to have it hooked up with cables.

I suppose the question I should be asking is: are there any media type player things that coming with some type of HDMI dongle that I can plug into the back of the projector?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I use the iogear GW3DHKIT http://www.iogear.com/product/GW3DHDKIT/ to transmit from the master bedroom to a 24" LED TV in the maser bathroom. The bathroom TV is about 40 feet away with a couple of walls from the hallway and walk in closet between the transmitter and the receiver. It works great and transmits in full 1080P. I don't need that in the bathroom to watch the news when I get ready for work but I did test it on my larger 1080P plasma in the bedroom and it does transmit 1080P and Dolby Digital at least and, I would assume, all 5.1 surround formats if you need wireless audio at the projector. It also supports 3D. The only drawback is that there is a very (and I mean very) slight lag. It is not noticeable for watching TV/movies but if you are an avid gamer it probably would be. I pretty much suck at gaming so it didn't really affect me when I tried it. The transmitter has 2 HDMI inputs and one pass through output. The way I hooked mine up is DirecTV receiver and Blu-ray run in via HDMI and then HDMI out to bedroom TV. Receiver on bathroom TV via HDMI. I'm very happy with it and it looks very similar to the benq wireless kit they say works with a few of their projectors. I don't understand why theirs only would work with certain projectors because the iogear will work with any HDMI source. If you have a Best Buy nearby they usually have these in stock for $199.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Wireless HDMI is discussed throughout these forums.

You buy wireless HDMI transmitters and receivers. Typically, the more you pay, the higher quality you get, but you should check out wireless HDMI on Amazon and read the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wireless+hdmi

There are dozens of products there, and plenty of reviews. Read the negatives with the positives.

Cheap wireless HDMI is $200, and good stuff is $1,000+. This is all extremely high bandwidth wireless point-to-point connectivity. It's relatively bleeding edge for a tech, so accept that there may be issues.

Or, run a $10 HDMI cable and never have issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts