AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the Rocketfish™ - Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit (RF-WHTIB) in my main living room and my bedroom for many years w/o any issues. I am not sure why/what/how but I now have major wifi interference from at least the main living room. My 2.4GHZ network typically downloads 40-50MB via speedtest.net. With the wireless kit pliugged in, the d/l speeds decrease to 20-30MB and then down to .5MB over a few hours. After I unplug the wireless transmitter, the d/l speeds return immediately.

Does anyone have other solutions? Monoprice has a 2.4GHZ solution that allows you to specify the channel but the reviews suck. Rocketfish has another product called "Rocketfish™ - Rocketboost Wireless HD Audio Starter Kit (RF-RBKIT)" but that also runs on the 2.4GHZ frequency. I guess Amphony has a 5.8GHZ solution (http://www.amphony.com/products/wireless-speaker-kit.htm) but I am not too familiar with it. I am looking for something similiar to the Rocketfish solution that accepts speaker wire or something similar.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts