AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install wireless speakers throughout my house (1-story, about 5 different rooms). Can I do this for less than $600? Would I need to buy a special receiver? Can anyone recommend a model or brand to look at? Where is the best place to buy wireless speakers, given choice and price?

Thank you!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My only problem is the potential for mass interference :). The wireless speakers work either on 900mhz or 2.ghz frequencies. Both of which are heavily used. If you have a typical cordless phone, they can use either frequency. If you have a wireless network (802.11b/g, not A), that also uses the 2.4ghz frequency. And yes, it *can* interfere. It won't happen all the time since there are different channels available, but there are only so many channels to go around ;-).

Good luck!!

Allen

·
Registered
111 Posts
One solution would be the yamaha musicast only problem is cost will be a lot more. You could look at a unit like the Sony SRSRF70RK You can get one base and run mutliple single speakers off of it though not recommended. More in the price range though if Not buy a Good set fo Sennheiser Headphones about 200-300, that way you can move throughout the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.