Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people

I am getting a surround sound system, but it has to be as wireless as possible due to a few reasons. No if's, and's or but's about it...IT HAS TO BE WIRELESS. I realize most systems are only the back 2 speakers wireless from the main receiver and that's fine. That is what I am looking for. I don't care if the back 2 speakers have to be wired togther, I just can't have wires running from the front of the room to the back of the room.

So now that you have an idea of what I am looking for...what would be your suggestions on a surround sound system with wireless rear speakers?

I have been looking at these:

http://store.yahoo.com/800stereohome...a800wadvd.html

But 2 things bother me about this system....the price...and the limited # of inputs.

Do you guys have any suggestions on a system similar to this one?? maybe cheaper or with more inputs?

Thanks for your time. Remember...I know wireless isn't as good as wired, but I have no choice...back speakers have to be wireless.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
i suggest you take the same $799 and invest it in a good system, like a receiver/front speakers/center speaker/subwoofer and scratch the whole wireless rear speakers idea. you ONLY need wireless rear speakers IF you want rear speakers, you don't NEED them. and i'd rather have no rear speakers, than wireless rear speakers, they get interference from E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G...

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
do you have an unfinished basement? if so, you can just run the wire through the floor and tack it to the beams, it's not that much work. this will only work if you don't have a ceiling, or if you have a drop ceiling. if you don't, it's not an option...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Whats up with people and this wireless quandary? Just take the time and wire it nicely. I guess I just dont get it.

Question, why do they have to be wireless? Maybe we can solve the problem for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Panasonic has a few models. I just bought the SC-HT730 for my parents. This is a low end model, but for the price it sounds pretty good. I have not tried the wireless yet.

Panasonic is running a $100 rebate for the wireless adapter though.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...teralId=311489

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.