AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to make the jump to dual subwoofers! Only issue left is how to get the signal to one of them... One sub will be up front and wired in. The second sub will be in the back of the room. Running a wire will be a PITA for sure. I've seen wireless transmitters here and there. Anyone try them? Pros and Cons?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
I'm about to make the jump to dual subwoofers! Only issue left is how to get the signal to one of them... One sub will be up front and wired in. The second sub will be in the back of the room. Running a wire will be a PITA for sure. I've seen wireless transmitters here and there. Anyone try them? Pros and Cons?

thanks in advance.
I've used an Outlaw Audio OAW4 for that purpose.

Pro: easy to set up. Choice of 4 channels, with automatic handshaking.

Cons: 2.4 GHz, so it's subject to interference. It also adds something less than 20ms of latency (delay). (Looks like distance, about 1 foot, 0.3m, per millisecond.) If you're doing room equalization, check the system's specs for the maximum supported subwoofer distance.

I'm not sure whether a better wireless adapter is available.

At the moment, I'm not using a wireless adapter. A 25' sub cable does the job, with negligible delay.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I'm using an SVS transmitter with one of my Rythmik F15s. So far it seems to be doing the job as my ears haven't picked up on any delays. I may try to wire it in the near future to see if I notice any difference, but ignorance can be bliss.

Sounds wonderful in my setup.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm using an SVS transmitter with one of my Rythmik F15s. So far it seems to be doing the job as my ears haven't picked up on any delays. I may try to wire it in the near future to see if I notice any difference, but ignorance can be bliss.

Sounds wonderful in my setup.
Please report back! Thanks,

·
Registered
14,076 Posts
I used wireless transmitters for years and they worked pretty well before I finally decided to run cables. I had the rocketfish units which had quite a bit of delay but my Yamaha AVR at the time had no issue adjusting the subwoofer distances to account for the added latency (since the Yamaha would adjust up to 80ft). Denon or Marantz will only go up to 30 ish feet so the RF units might present some issues with those AVR's. That being said If I was going to purchase another set of wireless devices they would likely be the Outlaw units being they have the least amount of latency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts