AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend the "best" wireless package for a Sub? I don't own a sub but I'm going to buy one soon. Sub will be for Home Theater usage only and in the same room as the A/V Receiver. Criteria for being the "best" would be as follows:

1) Other devices (Wi-Fi, Wireless home phones, cellphones, microwave ovens, etc.) won't interfere

2) Maintains connection at all times & doesn't lose lip sync with Video (no noticeable delays between audio & video)

3) Best sound quality to the Sub

I think KEF makes such a package, but I don't know if it's the "best" or not.

Lastly, explain & tell why your recommendation is the "best", don't just say that it is the "best".

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I agree with Justin, the HSU product looks really cool. In looking at the specs of the audioengine W1 I don't see why you would want to use it with a sub.

Freq Resp only goes down to 100hz, which is higher than most people set their crossover points.

.1 THD is not the best.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I saw that JBL and Infinity also have wireless subs, though I have not read or heard any reviews about them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I run some large towers with a rocketfish wireless system from Best Buy...works great...probably would run the sub fine and nothing in the house interferes with it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use the audioengine W1 with my sub and I am very impressed with the performance. I really can't tell a difference from when it ws connected directly. The best part is that I've been running it that way for ~1 month now and I haven't noticed 1 bit of interference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs26 /forum/post/15586269

I use the audioengine W1 with my sub and I am very impressed with the performance. I really can't tell a difference from when it ws connected directly. The best part is that I've been running it that way for ~1 month now and I haven't noticed 1 bit of interference.

Thanks. I will look into the Audio Engine W1. Hopefully it is one that has been out for awhile so the "bugs" are all worked out on it & I'm not a guinnea pig. Technical and Product Warranty Support are things I need to check out, but for those who own one, how is the "intrusiveness" factor on the Transmitter/Receiver? By this I mean, are there big fat ugly "wall warts" everywhere & are the antennae pretty noticeable, finicky, very directional, easily blocked by a Plasma Panel, etc?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by string_bean /forum/post/15603925

Thanks. I will look into the Audio Engine W1.

Read the manual that is available online. You will need more than the basic kit. You'll need another power converter for the USB receiver as you will need to plug the USB receiver in at the sub end of things. The system can transmit a stereo signal, which you do not need. But the jackson the trnasmitter/receiver are stereo mini jacks as are the included cables. So, you will need to properly convert one channel of 3.5mm stereo mini to male RCA on both ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts