AVS Forum banner

Wirelss Question?

323 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WonHung 
#1 ·
A/V Reciever with wi/fi adapter connects to wireless router, works fine.

Any advantage to hardwire the A/V Reciever to wireless router, just wondering?

Thank you.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADEO  /t/1468109/wirelss-question#post_23199786

A/V Reciever with wi/fi adapter connects to wireless router, works fine.

Any advantage to hardwire the A/V Reciever to wireless router, just wondering?

Thank you.

If you are happy with the wireless connection then I don't see why worry about wired. However, I prefer wired rather than wireless. Overall is a better / faster connection than wireless specially when you have multiple wireless devices.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s  /t/1468109/wirelss-question#post_23201850

If you are happy with the wireless connection then I don't see why worry about wired. However, I prefer wired rather than wireless. Overall is a better / faster connection than wireless specially when you have multiple wireless devices.

Agreed. Wired is more stable. All things equal, I would want to hardwire the A/V receiver but, sometimes, all things aren't equal. If your wireless setup is fine and/or it would be a PITA to run a network cable, I would stick with the wireless.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's true then that even in this case the hard wired connection is better. I couldn't make up my mind as the signal to the wireless, whoops now I see what I said was wrong. The connection to the AVR is from a wireless range extender (WN2000). Does it help any to hardwire the AVR to this? Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.