AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just noticed something in the first matrix movie, don't know if anyone else noticed it.

after neo says to mr. smith " my name is NEO"

and then does the flip to get out of the subways way the wires are still there and he actually grabs on to them.

check it out, but thought that was pretty funny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i love finding mess ups like that-- they have them in tons of movies...still can never figure out if the one in the Wizard of Oz (the rumor of the guy hanging himself in the background) is true. I have watched it but can decipher exactly what it is...

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
M

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIAm
i love finding mess ups like that-- they have them in tons of movies...still can never figure out if the one in the Wizard of Oz (the rumor of the guy hanging himself in the background) is true. I have watched it but can decipher exactly what it is...
That's actually urban legend about the guy hanging himself in Oz. I listened to an interview with one of the midgets that were there and they said that never happened. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:
I read somewhere that it was a large crane or peacock just flapping it's

wings.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Red
M

·
Registered
804 Posts
Also in the same subway scene, when both Neo and Agent Smith run out of bullets in their guns, Neo flips over to stand up straight while doing that he drops his gun clearly (there is even a sound when the gun hits the ground), but when he is up he again throws away his gun.....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:
For a complete explanation of what really happened, check out:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozsuicid.htm

Snopes is a great resource.....

htomei

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My favorites are when they are driving along in a car, but the column shifter is in park.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres a good one, Armageddon

live tyler and billy bob thorton are clearly at houston, texas, but somehow at the end of the movie they end up at jfk florida.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yea, I watched Matrix last night and holy cow, there the wires were. I can't believe I never caught that before.

Also, don't forget (mostly girls) getting out of a river, then as they walk the shore or river banks they've suddenly be dried 80% thru. This really sucks with babes who had light material blouses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturchulious
I read somewhere that it was a large crane or peacock just flapping it's

wings.
Funny you should say becasue when I used to watch it and get as close as possible to the TV to figure it out-- I always would say it looks like a large bird swooping its head around....a genius I was at 11 yrs old...

·
Registered
312 Posts
A good site to check on movie mistakes is moviemistakes . com with the Matrix only having 145 mistakes and The Wizard of OZ having 122 mistakes. It clearly disclames that there is clearly no hanging in the background of the Wizard of Oz and that the rumor is rubbish. :rolleyes:

Kinda of a fun site, but I think sometimes knowing these things ruins repeat viewings, because thats all you see.

barry vs

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk1843
My favorites are when they are driving along in a car, but the column shifter is in park.
thank you, no one I know seems to notice that, see if they used cars with manual, they wouldn't have that problem ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Humm just noticed while watching Catwoman, it was so bad IMHO, but anyway when she jumps on the Ducati 620 Dark motorcycle and rides off you don't see her put on a helmet but while riding thru traffic she's got one on and when she pulls up to the jewlery store POOF!! Her lid is magically gone!!!! i wish I could do that with my helmet.

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.