AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My walls are now open. Is is best to just home run for two subs even if the receiver has a single sub out? I am assuming that it would be OK to use Y splitter at the source (receiver) rather than a Y splitter at the destination (first sub)? I am wondering if I need to run a wire from my first sub to my second sub and if the Y splitter should be at the destination until I get a dual sub out receiver.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
you can either split the lfe at the receiver, or daisy chain subs togethor:

receiver line out > sub1 line in> sub1 line out > sub2 line in, etc... you would use the line in left (normally) on most subs, and don't need to worry about the right channel as we are talking a mono freq.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks -- then it seems that it would be more flexible to just home run the sub wires for a future receiver with two sub outs?

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquack /forum/post/12939159

you can either split the lfe at the receiver, or daisy chain subs togethor:

You don't have to split at the receiver's sub out. Where you put the splitter doesn't matter. But daisy-chaining subs via one of the sub's outputs is not the best way to do things. If you want to run a cable from one sub to the next using the fewest cables, just plug one of the male ends of a splitter directly into the first sub's input and run a cable off the other male end to the second sub. Otherwise you can just run two separate cables off a splitter located near the first sub. You may need some male-to-female and/or female-to-male couplers, too, which are available for pennies.

The only advantage afforded by a receiver with 2 sub outs would be if soundtracks go to some sort of #.2 format in which there are 2 distinct subwoofer signals, which is possible in the future, I suppose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts