AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,

I need a little help , i have a flip down dvd player / monitor i want to wire into my van , but to the leisure battery

It has red ( acc ) , black (ground) , blue (door) , and yellow (12v with inline fuse)

The instructions are just that no diagram as such how to wire it up

I am guessing black to chassis - yellow to live - blue to door switch ( as has a interior light system) - don't need this wire as such as can do manual ( don't need it to come on when open a door)

I am unsure how best to wire it up - since i don't need it to come on when open a door , but it would be nice if i could turn it on manually - anyone shed some light on best way to wire it up - i don't want to wire it into the ignition or door switch , i would like to run it via my leisure battery if possible , cheers :)

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
Not sure about the blue wire. Hook the yellow wire to a constant 12vdc source. Hook the red wire to a switched 12vdc source. The yellow wire keeps the clock and such running. The red wire essentially turns the unit "On" when the switched source is present. The main power/current source for the unit comes through the yellow wire, it probably has a 10amp (or so) in-line fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts