Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this article I discuss what I did to wire my new home, what it cost and

what types of things we needed to consider before we started. These were some of the itmes we planned and wired for; Phone Ethernet, Cable TV, Alarm Keypads, Distributed Music System, Plasma TVs and surround sound to name a few...

Read about here.
Wiring a new home!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I enjoyed reading your plans for your new home. It sure pays to do your homework! :) I really liked your idea of speaking throughout your home. Man, why didn't I think of that!?! We are currently building our new home and we will see if we can get that in. We might be too late. Anyways, I wanted to share with you and others our plans and hopefully it might give you some ideas and/or ideas to share with me to improve the plans. I have about a week to finalize plans with the builder to make sure everything is in place. Right now, we are just beginning to frame.

Here is a link of our floor plan:

http://www.lennar.com/images/floorpl...1625019flp.gif

And here is a copy and paste of my word doc that I'm currently working on for the home.

Questions / Discussion for Builder:

1. Double pane window in study for soundproofing?

2. Instead of second ceiling fan in great room, we would like to put outlet on other side of pantry for same switch. Also, put a light in the corner of master bedroom.

3. Ceiling fans have separate controls (one for light and one for fan)?

4. Walk in closet – Instead of extra outlet, light with switch?

5. Can we get the laundry door the same direction as the garage door?

Questions / Discussion for Soundtrack:

1. Any brands to use or ideas for soundproofing home? Which batted insulation to use?

6. What would be the best door to put in for soundproofing?

7. Study – Plasma TV setup with tilt plate mounted to wall and necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the middle of the room beneath floor next to outlet and high tech wiring

8. Study – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going out.

9. Great room – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going through walk-in-closet.

10. Great room - Plasma TV setup 42-50†with tilt plate mounted to wall and necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the receiver

11. Master bedroom - Plasma TV setup 42-50†with tilt plate mounted to wall and necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the receiver down below

12. Master bedroom - batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going to bedroom 2.

13. Master bathroom – batted insulation to block bathroom sounds to master bedroom

14. Bedroom 2 – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going to master bedroom

15. Bedroom 4 – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from study/entry

Stuff to go over with Builder.

1. Entry - line for security console

2. Entry - One study door next to kitchen instead of two in the middle.

3. Study – 6.1 surround sound setup

4. Study – Outlet and high tech wiring needs to be beneath floor so when we move in the desk we can place it where we want. There needs to be enough speaker wire to move around.

5. Study – ceiling fan

6. Study – Plasma TV setup with tilt plate mounted to wall and necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the middle of the room beneath floor next to outlet and high tech wiring.

7. Study – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going out.

8. Kitchen – outlet in pantry w/switch to draw line for upper and lower cabinet lights. Outlet on other side of pantry to same switch to draw line for other side of cabinets.

9. Kitchen – close off entrance to study

10. Kitchen – appliance garage at end of countertop

11. Great room – one ceiling fan instead of two (place ceiling fan in the middle where you would usually put it)

12. Great room - drywall up to top oak counter to fit 42-65†plasma tv

13. Great room – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going through walk-in-closet.

14. Great room – 6.1 surround sound setup. (would like front center speaker centered above plasma tv)

15. Great room – put on fireplace tiles lightly or don’t install them

16. Great room - Plasma TV setup 42-65†with necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the receiver.

17. Master bedroom – two ceiling speakers on west side of master bedroom

18. Master bedroom - Plasma TV setup 42-50†with tilt plate mounted to wall and necessary cables coming from the plasma TV to the receiver down below.

19. Master bedroom – high tech wiring on east side for plasma tv

20. Master bedroom – ceiling fan in middle of room

21. Master bedroom - batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going to bedroom 2.

22. Master bedroom – light with switch for corner display area

23. Master bathroom – two speakers centered in room (not over tub) and wired to receiver in master bedroom.

24. Master bathroom – batted insulation to block bathroom sounds to master bedroom.

25. Walk in closet – Instead of extra outlet, light with switch?

26. Bedroom 2 – high tech wiring in southwest corner

27. Bedroom 2 – ceiling fan in middle of room

28. Bedroom 2 – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from going to master bedroom.

29. Bedroom 3 – high tech wiring in northwest corner

30. Bedroom 3 – ceiling fan in middle of room

31. Bedroom 4 – high tech wiring in southwest corner

32. Bedroom 4 – ceiling fan in middle of room

33. Bedroom 4 – batted insulation on inside walls to block sound from study/entry.

34. Garage - 3 lights in garage (2 for one switch and 1 (3rd car) for another switch)

35. Garage – extra outlet on third car garage west and east side for garage circuit breaker

36. West side of home – Outdoor outlet for Christmas lights.

37. Outdoor water faucets on the north middle and east middle.

38. Can we get the laundry door the same direction as the garage door?

Good luck with your new home! Thanks for sharing your plans with us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.