AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the best way to hook the following components together: Denon 3803 reciever, zenith hd 520 and denon 1600 dvd? Is it better to have everything go through the denon reciever than to the plasma , or dvd and zenth directly to the plasma? If I go through the reciever what input would be better on the plasma 1 or 2 or would it make a difference?. thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Assuming you are using component out with both the Denon and the Zenith, I would run both to the receiver - thus you only have one of the clunky component cables running to the plasma display. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I run it the way you advise any recomendation on brand of cable and where to locate it . thanks again

·
Registered
360 Posts
If your plasma screen has multiple component inputs you should bypass the receiver and hook in direct.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
You don't say what model plasma you have, but, run the DVD to the plasma via component and run the Zenith 520 -VGA (15 pin) out to VGA (15 pin) in on the plasma. Be sure to go into the set-up on the plasma and make settings according to your owners manual.

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cheridave
You don't say what model plasma you have, but, run the DVD to the plasma via component and run the Zenith 520 -VGA (15 pin) out to VGA (15 pin) in on the plasma. Be sure to go into the set-up on the plasma and make settings according to your owners manual.

Dave
Dave so what you are saying there is know benefit in having the wires hooked through the reciever. You did mention the 15 pin vga out through the reciever .Is this better than the rgb component connection or the same.? Where can I purchase or do you recomend a certain brand 15 pin connection. thanks tom

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The A/V Receiver can do Video Switching (advantage) if and when you need it- i.e. when you add more components to your HT System. What you have described in your post indicates that you have work around options available and can by-pass your A/V Receiver if you want to.

Go to any Computer Store (Fry's, Best Buy, CompUSA) and buy a Standard VGA (15 pin) Male to VGA (15 pin) Male Cable and you will be just fine.

RGB vs Component- about equal with a slight advantage to RGB IMO.

You still don't say what model you have.

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tomjames
I have the pio 503 cmx with the video card.
Dave , on the 15 pin rgb I have seen this cable costing over $100.00 down to $8.oo was wondering any difference.?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Some people will swear that there is a difference, I just don't want to go there. I wouldn't buy the $8.00 cable but you don't need the $100.00 cable either.

One other option is the "Break-out" Cable. This has a VGA connector on one end and 5 (sometimes 3) RCA/BNC on the other end. Check out "Bettercables" (icon above) for pricing.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.