AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a large SVS sub, Plus 2, and placing behind my couch. The placement would be about 14 feet from the receiver, and would require running a cable through the walls, under the flooring the crawlspace of the house. Is 20 feet too long for a sub cable run? Would this pick up too much interference? Or are quality sub cables able to keep the signal clean for that long of a run?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am currently running an SVS PB12 Plus/2 off of a cable that runs the length and width of my room which includes over a sliding glass door behind the molding and then under a baseboard. The total run is just over 30 feet and my sub is silent until instructed to rumble. Get a decent cable and you should not have a problem. When you are running through walls and crawlspaces, etc. just follow the golden rules of staying as far away as possible from power lines (romex). If you must go near them try to cross at 90 degree angles to minimize the chance of electrical interference. You could also check out the dedicated theater/construction threads for other helpful hints.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizelbs /forum/post/0

I am thinking about getting a large SVS sub, Plus 2, and placing behind my couch. The placement would be about 14 feet from the receiver, and would require running a cable through the walls, under the flooring the crawlspace of the house. Is 20 feet too long for a sub cable run? Would this pick up too much interference? Or are quality sub cables able to keep the signal clean for that long of a run?

I just ran a 75 ft in-wall RG6 coax line to my sub this weekend with no problems. Prior to this in-wall install, I was using a 25' Monster sub cable under carpet. I'm much happier with the in wall cable and the length has not affected the subs performance.

BTW, the sub is a Fathom F113.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rad. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.