AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally decided on my setup for the sports room but unsure what to run for wiring

2 50' plasmas and a panasonic 2000u projector.

hdmi, component video to the projector

hdmi, component video, outdoor hdtv antenna, to the plasmas

Is this overkill or not enough

Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardijoh /forum/post/14186481

Finally decided on my setup for the sports room but unsure what to run for wiring

2 50' plasmas and a panasonic 2000u projector.

Is this overkill or not enough

Thanks

Two fifty foot plasmas is definitely overkill.

·
Registered
897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turt /forum/post/14187487

Two fifty foot plasmas is definitely overkill.

This guy (note: this is not my setup) would beg to differ:

--Mav

·
Banned
98 Posts
I would run a few additional pieces of cat5e to each display as well. Down the road if you decide on a control system or additional video those extra runs make the installation more flexible.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Natale /forum/post/14188857

I would run a few additional pieces of cat5e to each display as well. Down the road if you decide on a control system or additional video those extra runs make the installation more flexible.

Agreed. Also, are you going to run sound to the plasmas or are you using separate speakers?

CJ

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your answer! In any case, it would probably be a good idea to run a pair of RCA cables to both plasmas in case you do ever want to use their built-in speakers!

CJ

·
Registered
896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Natale /forum/post/14188857

Smart. I don't know now many times clients said "no" to this during the design phase, then came back a year later and wanted it pulled in. At least provide an easy pathway.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts