AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a room with a secondary 5.1 HT system. It was previous wired in-wall for a pair of stereo speakers in the corners that are parallel to my HT system so that one speaker is somewhat right and behind my LCR speakers and the other somewhat right and behind my surrounds. I currently have them connected as "B" fronts when I am listening to music and they are turned off for movies. It occurred to me that I could possibly use them as a single presence and single surround back, but I am not sure if I should connect the speaker wires to just the right terminal, or do kind of a Y cable with the front connected to both L/R presence terminals and the rear in the same manner to the surround backs. Or I could just leave things how they are. Any suggestions?

I am not sure how the Yamaha YPAO would respond to just a single presence and back connection.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I suspect YPAO does not like it when speakers other the rear surround channel are not paired. You could skip the speaker check though.

I assume you know that you can't use presence and rear surrounds at the same time. Also, presence speakers don't add anything to my setup. Other people like them though. A few people mentioned liking dialog lift.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, and I didn't know they couldn't be used together. Maybe I'll just leave things as they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts