AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how many coax wires connect to the HR10-250 from the dish. The problem I have is that I have only 2 wires fished thru the walls and can't get anymore to the setup location.

I have a 3 lnb dish on the roof with a multiplexor dropping wires to the cellar and then up thru the walls.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
You need two runs from the dish to the HR10-250 for the dual tuners to work properly.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Can someone tell me how many coax wires connect to the HR10-250 from the dish.
Two for the dish and one for the antenna.

Quote:
I have is that I have only 2 wires fished thru the walls and can't get anymore to the setup location.
Then you need a diplexers to combine the antenna with a satellite signal and another diplexer at the receiver to split the signals apart.

-Robert

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
ilpostini2,

Do you have an external multiswitch or are you just referring to the one built into the dish? If so, what kind is it?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
If it has 5 inputs, you can run your antenna into its UHF/VHF input and use a diplexer at the receiver end with any output as all the outputs will carry diplexed signals. If it has 4 inputs, you can replace it with a 5 input or use a diplexer on one of the outputs and only that output will have diplexed signals. If it has less than 4 inputs, you can't use it for any channels not on Sat A which would kill most HD channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.