AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

with the help of the fine people on another thread I think I pretty much have the problem of getting my computer screen from another room to my TV problem licked. The solution will be using a 75 foot equalized HDMI cable from my computer, which I cannot see in the destination room, to the HDMI input of my television. Now I will like to extend my computer keyboard with that same cable run, I need a parallel cable or wire run utilizing the same wirer management, to my TV table in the other room. What I'm saying is I will like to sit in my club chair in the other room and maybe have a mini wireless keyboard and mouse in my hand communicating with my computer in the other room wirelessly. I'm thinking the best way to do this is with some sort of repeater sitting next to my TV. I am thinking that because I can be rough on things like keyboards I would not consequently like a very expensive long-range keyboard, but I don't think I would be rough on a thing like a keyboard repeater or extender which was not in my hands. A possible idea to do this I got from the web is to use"USB Extender over CAT5E or CAT6 Connection up to 150ft" however a review of these devices I read on Amazon.com stated you can't use them and use the UPS on the far end to supply power too. So does anybody know of a self powered keyboard repeater, RF repeater, light repeater, that would be self powered and do the job. And how would it work would you need software on your computer to do this or would it just be USB plug-and-play? Or do you have other ideas on how I might achieve the above?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.