AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worthy of a new thread, due to a large number of changes.

v0.3alpha has been released ( http://wirns.sourceforge.net ).

Please read the readme in the archive. Many thanks to FlipFlop for micro_dns.

Stability has been greatly improved and I worked a lot on usability this release, still need someone more documentation friendly to help out and write some proper docs, maybe someday. I took a crack on making installation much easier and less daunting for the "technophobes" (tongue in cheek).

Feedback encouraged..

-kjac

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are there any plans to support 3xxx series ReplayTV's?

On a different note, I've tried to access ijprest's site many times for info and can't seem to load it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3xxx support is very easy, I'll build a 3xxx version in my next build. It will be an exercise for the reader tho to get the 3xxx on a network. There was a lot of discussion about this in another thread (use search). It boils down to you'll need a line simulator, and some server to answer the dialup and NAT the 3xxx onto the network.

-kjacj

·
Registered
640 Posts
So far, so good. I'd add a step for starting the mysql server for the first time in the readme and note that the server needs to be running. No big thing, but something that users will run into. I'm remote setting this up from work via PCAnywhere (don't tell anyone) so will need to do the actual replay TV setup later, when I get home)

I'm going to be curious what happens when I put the RTV back to the RTV server for the 2 inputs that I'm planning to get from TMS.

Nice so far.

Cliff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cliffcor,

It was just brought to my attention that there may be a problem with the timezone offset, forcing the time that all shows report as may be incorrect. It seems that mysql for windows behaves differently than mysql for unix when doing a SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP(), I'm testing an internal version right now (0.4a) that should fix this problem, so you may want to hold off on doing a "Full Import" for now, as it looks like it'll just have to be redone.

I'll know more in ~2hrs.

There is also a minor bug with the ntp proxying portion of WiRNS for people with multiple ethernet interfaces. This has been fixed and will be in 0.4a.

There is another minor bug with proxying some of the gzipped files (like pause ad bmps) from the replay service, which causes the replay to error when updating, its a nuisance tho more than anything because guide data still gets updated. Working on this while testing timezone problem.

EDIT: Setting timezoneoffset to 0 for 0.3a should fix that problem.

-kjac

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ok. I'll watch for updates.

A few notes:

The WiRNSimport screen doesn't show channels or listings after import. Normal?

Is there a cue to know that the import is Done, and not just going to the next step? (I'm a fan of user cues to keep people from clicking things during long background processes)

Adding a brief list of 'things' that have to be running, and your advice on when / how to start would be useful.

I'll work on up to configuring a BEV input once I get home.

Great Idea.

Cliff

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ok,

When I restarted the import when I got home, the listings were present. OK.

I've set my time zone offset to 0 and will force a full download and take a walk.

We'll see.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I was able to get listings. They were an hour off. (Listings were an hour behind shows.

Getting the input 1 listings though wiped out the OTA and input 2 listings. Bummer. I was hoping that I could just alternate servers and retain the listings. Not how RTV works I guess.

Cliff

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kjac
Off by an hour? Hmm, what timezone are you in?

-kjac
Pacific. I set the import config to 0, and did a full import. I had a eastern time zone channel on, (8 EDT/5PDT) but the guide was showing an 7 EDT/4PDT listing. If I recall when I worked 3 programming sources into the DigiGuide (XMLTV sourced program listings) that I had the same issue. I twiggled the offset values back and forth until I hit the right value. I was reluctant to fiddle with your 0 until you advise.

-----------------

The multiple input thing surprosed me. I'd guessed (incorrectly) that the existing channels and listings would be retained by the RTV when it did the update. Not so. I still had my other input channels defined, but no listings at all.

Now it's possible, (untested by me as yet ) that it is just the initial program load that wipes out the ilistings on the non-spoofed channels, and that the incremental updates might no do that, but I don't have a lot of hope. As I said, untested so far.

I was very pleased to see the BEV listings. Took me a while to hit on an IR code, but did, and the guide indeed changed the BEV dish to the proper channel.

If that were my only programming source, I'd be set.

Nice.

Cliff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like your casting isn't picking up the fact that its current PDT instead of PST (daylight savings time), is anyone else in other timezones seeing the problem of being off by 1 hour?

As for the multi-input support, I'll have to write that into WiRNS, which is on the todo list now that stability has improved. I'll start laying down some code for that today.

-kjac

·
Registered
640 Posts
The time zone thing seems to revolve around the Canadian XMLTV stuff. I have my XMLTZ set to 0000 so thare is no correction. That's what works with combining my 4 XMLTV runs into DigiGuide. (I know, I'm not typical)

Anyway, I'm pleased that the project is working as expected. I'm willing to forgo the RTV guides, as long as I can substitute the OTA and other Satellite listings and preserve the Serial output on the DTV (sorta) listings.

Cliff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, you're munging the xmltv listings.

WiRNSImport assuming that you aren't doing that. :) It takes the "Start Time" in xmltv as being the real start time in your timezone. I'll have to add back in a offset correction for people like you I guess.

On another note, the proxy problem for downloading files from mothership has been fixed (I think, it was working on my beta testers version this morning). So I'm off to work on multi-input support.

-kjac

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Ah, you're munging the xmltv listings.

. . .

So I'm off to work on multi-input support.

-kjac
Great. As I've said, I'm likely not typical.

For Digiguide Listings, I have 5 different XMLTV runs, Bev, 94301 (4dtv substitute), OTA 98021, a Denver Zip and finally C-Band to fill in a couple gaps on the 94301 listings. With that, I have all except C-Band wild/recurring feeds available in the DigiGuide. Happily, Digi Guide can accept these multiple as the xmltv2dg utility created individual channel files.

For the RTV, I have OTA 98021 on the Antenna, DTV (poor listings but has serial control enabled, needed to control the 4DTV) on Input 1, and Boston (for East Coast Listings) on Input 2. Input 2 is where I'd like to have Bev.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Multi-provider version is in testing at the moment, seems to be working nicely. You create each provider and provide the xmltv.conf file for it and the importer/server take care of the rest.

cliffcor, do you have any experience with Ethereal? I'd be curious to see the response in the getzipcode.pl for a serial enabled listing. If its what I think it is, I could enable "serial" on any listing you wanted to provide thru wirns.

-kjac

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:
Multi-provider version is in testing at the moment, seems to be working nicely. You create each provider and provide the xmltv.conf file for it and the importer/server take care of the rest.

cliffcor, do you have any experience with Ethereal? I'd be curious to see the response in the getzipcode.pl for a serial enabled listing. If its what I think it is, I could enable "serial" on any listing you wanted to provide thru wirns.

-kjac
I have several XML Config files, What I'll need, pending setting up the serial flag, is to use a direct TV listing, as that is what's currently mapped into the DVRBB (4DTV Interface). I'll get to work on that.

As for Ethereal, I don't know what that is, but I'm willing to do whatever I can to help. Let me know what I can do.

Cliff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On another note, got some good news from my beta tester. His rptv successfully upgraded to build 110 thru wirns, meaning that the bug in the proxy should be fixed (yay!).

-kjac

·
Registered
640 Posts
If its what I think it is, I could enable "serial" on any listing you wanted to provide thru wirns.

============================

You think that comes from TMS or is it an internal flag in the RTV that enables that protocol when Direct TV is Selected. Guess no way to tell without trying some tests.

Cliff

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The headend request for a provider has a "extra data field" where you can specify a specific irblaster code for a specific cable/sat box. My guess is that when you select a serial control enabled DTV box, it sends something else in that field.

-kjac

PS. Multi-input version is being tested atm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.