AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish me luck! My 65H80 is being delivered today but I just received a call from the trucking company stating that they dont have lift gates on any of their trucks! Their suggestion was that we lift if off the truck by hand!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Good luck, I will be receiving the same TV next week. Let me know how you like it?

------------------

Juan Ruiz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Forget it.

When my TW65X81 was delivered, they first tried to bring it out in a truck without a lift. I told them to reload it onto a proper delivery truck and bring it back.

The next day they broght it back. The driver and I muscled it off the truck. He had a jack for the pallet, and we moved it into my garage. Then I hired a moving company to move my old RPTV into the basement and move the Toshiba into the living room. You simply don't move 450 pounds by yourself, or even with a friend.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Fool that I am I actually moved one of these puppies on my own. Never again! BTW, there are cutout handles behind the speaker grills.

·
Registered
39 Posts
when my tw65x81 arrived, it was in atruck without a lift. Too my amazement two men lifted it off and brought down from the truck. Granted these guys were *huge* but still it was amazing.

------------------

Paul

Up on a roof waiting to be struck by lightning.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All went well but never again do I wish to move a 65h80 from a semi with no lift gate or ramp.

It took 3 of us and the driver. We ended up putting the tv on its back and sliding it out of the truck. Of course the driver left as soon as the tv was on the ground ;-)

Luckily no damage other than squished fingers from lifting it through the front door.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.