AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I currently have a DISH 6000 with my HDTV and a 501 in another room with SDTV, and two dishes pointing at 148 and 110/119 using the SW42 switch that gives me the 2 inputs to each receiver. Since the 921 has 2 tuners and requires inputs on both to work, I still want to keep my 501 up and running, so I am wondering if this would work:

Take the 2 outputs from the SW42 and 1 goes to the 501, the other to 1 input on the 921. I would then take the output from the 148 bird (which is currently combined into the SW42 via a SW21) and have it go direclty into the 2nd input on the 921. The main reason I will get the 921 is to record CBS, so my thought is that if it works, I can record off the 1 tuner and watch the HDNets, etc. off of the other tuner (coming in from the 110 bird).

Whatcha all think? Will this work? Don't want to have to purchase any additional switches if I don't have to. Now when superdish starts shipping, maybe they'll have some deals to include any additional switches and I'll hook it up right, but want to know what you think. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I bet you have SuperDish before you have a 921 to worry about. Since the SuperDish is supposed to be DP+, then you can run a single cable to your 921 and using a DP+ Splitter you'll be able to feed both inputs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.