AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will dlp and lcd blow me out of my seat or am i dreaming. I have the reg satellite receiver and basic cable with no box.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
SD broadcasts will vary widely in quality. But they will look worse on any big-screen TV than on a smaller, direct view TV.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by grouper
will dlp and lcd blow me out of my seat or am i dreaming. I have the reg satellite receiver and basic cable with no box.

If you are referring to a C-Band satellite TV system, yes, the SD picture quality will blow you away on any size screen.

If one of those highly digital compressed small dish companies, no....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sdwow
If you are referring to a C-Band satellite TV system, yes, the SD picture quality will blow you away on any size screen.

If one of those highly digital compressed small dish companies, no....
I agree. I have a C-Band and a 4dTV receiver and it looks like the quality of a DVD on a DLP, and that is with a composite hookup and an S-Video for the digitital side. Yes...I said composite hookup.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have a C-Band analog receiver (Monty 95) and I'm looking at HDTVs (Samsung DLP is a leading contender). I've been wondering how these analog signals would look on these various HD sets. I don't know if I'll stick with BUD for the digitals or go with an LSD. How does analog BUD look? What HDTVs are you using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.