AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it. I can just crop em off if I don't want to see them, but grey is better than black.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Less burn-in (permanent damage to your $3,000-10,000 HDTV).

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
hpierce, what's your signal reading on WJZ and how does it compare with other Baltimore digitals?

WJZ had a reading similar to the others for a while, but now it's weaker than the other three and below threshhold for me in northern VA...

Do you get DC digitals?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my DTC-100 I haven't had a loss of WJZ's signal at all.

Here are my signal strengths:

Ch [Digital Channel before being re-mapped]: Strength (Location)

2-1 [52-1]: 88 (Balto.)

2-2

2-3

4-1 [48]: 71 (DC)

5-1 [36]: 61 (DC)

9-1 [34]: 70 (DC)

13-1 [38]: 88 (Balto)

26-1 [27]: 24 (DC)

45-1 [46]: 88 (Balto)

59-1: 88 (Balto)

80-1 [42]: 23 (Annapolis)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get similar readings too, but I'm closer to the PA line here near Westminster. JZ is usually strong, no drops. Funny how I can get most of the DC stations, but not 26.1, WETA. Regular 26 reception is fairly decent.

Does anyone know why & when WBAL will change to show up as 11.1 instead of 59.1?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get nothing on 39 because I'm too close to the TV Tower with 38 and its drowns out 39. I did get 39 once and it was when 38 was down. From what I hear 39 is useless anyway.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I agree 39 is currently worthless, but what I'm interested in is whether 38 and 39 are using directional patterns to protect each other's service areas from interference.

·
Registered
205 Posts
NOVA HT folks - is everyone having some problems picking up WJZ_DT now? I am thinking of going up on the roof to try to get a better signal.

·
Registered
205 Posts
joblo,

I get 39 with a signal strength of 94. It's JLA from DC. I believe they broadcast SPR in HD when it was on a week or so ago.

I have a roof antenna with rotator so I can get DC or Balt pretty easy. Only one I don't get is WETA, 27. For some reason the strongest I can get on that is a wimpy 7. Everything else from DC comes in at 70-90.

Chris: JZ is on fine here, strength is usually in the upper 90s, one of the better ones.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Analog 26 and digital 27 don't broadcast from the same tower. 26 is on a thousand foot tower on River Road in Bethesda, but its sister station, 27, is on a short (maybe 600') radio tower in Arlington. That's why it doesn't make it to Baltimore.

Previously, the scuttlebut was that 27 would be moving to the same tower as 34 and 39 on Wisconsin ave, but I called WETA two weeks ago and they said that deal was off. I asked why they don't move it to their 26 tower, and was told that they have "only" nine years left on that lease and want a longer term solution, but they have no intermediate solution for their present reception problem. I'm rooting for the cancelled tower on Wisconsin Ave to somehow get completed. I thought that WB51 and Howard University PBS-33 were going to be on it. The engineer at WB50 said that it was planning on transmitting digital 51 from the same Georgia Ave tower that 50 is on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.