AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Right now they're transmitting, but they're not sending video or audio - just an empty transport stream. They've been experimenting with different encoder setting - higher bit rates and such. So let's thank them for that. The picture quality improved quite a bit when they went from 13 to 17 Mbps.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
please let everyone know when they are back up and running

i applaud thier improvement of picture quality, but since everything is upconverted, does it really matter?

Since they only use ONE subchannel, why not crank the bit rate all the way up to 19(or what ever the max is)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
As of this morning, they are running two 480i channels.

14-2 is mirror of the analog channel.

14-3 is a split screen, right across the middle of the screen. Pink on the top & gray on the bottom, with no audio.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
As of this morning, they are running two 480i channels.

14-2 is mirror of the analog channel.

14-3 is a split screen, right across the middle of the screen. Pink on the top & gray on the bottom, with no audio.
that is VERY lame

whats the purpose of doing this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also where are you located please?.. I'm in Toledo. I have only gotten toledo channels and used to get the detroits weakly and occasionally.

I have a sony hd200. I demoed a sammy 160 for a while and it seemed to do better on pulling the weak ones. I have an 8ft channel master on rotor about 25 ft up. I'm about 5 miles south of the MI/OH line. I SOOO wanted to get Detroit stuff.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Just flipped past and the local news was on. I'm out near Hell so their signal is pretty strong.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric44
Also where are you located please?.. I'm in Toledo. I have only gotten toledo channels and used to get the detroits weakly and occasionally.

I have a sony hd200. I demoed a sammy 160 for a while and it seemed to do better on pulling the weak ones. I have an 8ft channel master on rotor about 25 ft up. I'm about 5 miles south of the MI/OH line. I SOOO wanted to get Detroit stuff.
Plymouth MI

Was demo'ing the Sony Tuner, now i am back to the Panny

I have the biggest rat-shack antenna with pre-amp

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,681 Posts
They are back to 1080i, with no sub-channel. By the way, I've had no problems with receiving their DTV broadcasts since Top Gun, which was not a reception problem. It was a pixelization problem, I think from lack of bandwidth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.