Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to the engineer at WLIW, Monday, Sept. 23, 2002

Sorry, I did not get name or e-mail address.

WLIW-DT will begin transmissions in 2 weeks or so.

The channel is 22

There will be no high definition content initially, but expect some multicasting.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Today is 2 weeks, so I guess we should keep

an EYE on UHF Ch. 22 for a Digital Signal...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spoke with the operator at the station on Oct 1 and she said it would still be a couple of weeks. No signal as of tonite

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any update on this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
WLIW-DT is on .... 12:50 PM 4/30/2003.

about 10 min. ago no pid in SD (same pgm as Ch21

, now in HD with ID ... HD loop of italy. :)

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
EXCELLENT NEWS, GORD!

I'll make sure to check it out when I get home! Still 22.1, I assume?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
I have picked up 22.2 as the digital feed of their SD broadcast, but don't have a signal for 22.1, which I am assuming is their HD loop.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

TIA,

Patrick

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Sranger, thanks for confirmation!

Anyone have any idea what the schedule is for 21.1?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Currently my ourdoor antena is setup looking toward the ESB. I only get a 6-12% signal on 22 with this current configuration & I realize that I may have to invest in a rotor if I want to tune into WLIW-DT.

My Questions are...

currently, I am using a 3ft Tripod Mount....If I am to invest in a Rotor...what type of mounting kit will I need to accompany it? I remember purchasing the Tripod Mount because none of the other Mounting schemes seemed feasible for me......is there a Tripod Mount that works with Rotors?

Also...whats a decent price for a rotor? I am looking for something that can handle the VU-120XR.... also..I would like a remote so I can rotate the antenna from the comfortability of my living room.

thanks folks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
tattootearz,

When you get the rotor, the only additional thing you need is a short (2') section of mast. The rotor attaches to the current mast and the antenna goes on the short section of mast that you bought for the rotor. Nothing else needs to be changed.

Radio Shack has a rotor for $70. It should be adequate. It comes with a box that goes in your living room to adjust the position.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
OK, now back to the original question...

Anybody now getting the HD feed that was supposedly being broadcast on 21.1 for a time yesterday?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yeah, I would also like to know their broadcasting plans. I heard they would have the national PBS HD feed on channel 21.1. Right now all I get is channel 21.2, which is a digital feed of their regular SD channel. It is basically a waste, as is. Does anyone know if they will ever put on 21.1 with any HD programming ?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I sent an e-mail to WLIW two days ago. They sent a response. Here it is.

Question?

viewers voice writes:

I started to receive your digital over the air signal yesterday on channel 21-2. I also heard that a few people were able to watch the PBS National HD loop on channel 21-1. As of 11:14am today, channel 21-1 is not on and I wonder when it will be back on? Are you planning to carry the PBS National HD loop 24/7 or for a block of time?

Answer

Gee you can't put anything on without someone catching you. The PBS loop went on to help us trouble shoot what the problem was with the standard definition feed. At this time the plan is to air the HD loop during prime time hours. (approx. 8pm - 11pm) However, that will not happen until the issue of legal identification is resolved. I encourage you to send an email or even call the general manager, Terrel Cass, and let him know that you would like to see HD on the digital channel.

Thank you for your interest in WLIW.

Tom D'Agostino

WLIW

Director of Engineering

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.