AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon, on my Dish 6000, I'm getting the usual 95+ signal strength on 7-1 but no video, just audio. No problems with the 7-2 480i signal, just 7-1. I've done a remove/add on channel 52, no change. Anyone else having a problem??? Thanks - Rick

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
No problem here.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by greywolf
No problem here.
Pat, what type of receiver do you have? I have a feeling that it's going to be one of those problems where the data stream is a but out of wack and some receivers handle it better then others. Thanks - Rick

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Just click my profile.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm getting video but it is of poor quality. Very blurry, especially in motion scenes and the pic freezes every minute or so.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I was wondering about that... tonight, I'm getting a steady AV stream from WLS without dropouts or pauses, but the picture gets pretty pixelated every five to ten seconds. I checked OTA and cable - same thing. WBBM, WMAQ, and WTTW look just fine. Heck, even WFLD looked good during 24.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
While watching NYPD Blue, I did notice lots of motion artifacts and visual stuttering. My previous look was just for a few seconds to see if there was a picture.

·
Registered
502 Posts
A couple of months ago this same thing happened and it was blamed on a software issue. Two weeks in a row with something wrong during NYPD. I hope KIPPJONES was watching and made "the call".

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by meany
A couple of months ago this same thing happened and it was blamed on a software issue. Two weeks in a row with something wrong during NYPD. I hope KIPPJONES was watching and made "the call".
I called the station yesterday afternoon, about 3:30. Kal was not available, they transfered me to Craig, got his voice mail and I left a message with a call back number, no call and no fix. I'm going to try again this morning to see if I can talk to someone.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by greywolf
While watching NYPD Blue, I did notice lots of motion artifacts and visual stuttering. My previous look was just for a few seconds to see if there was a picture.
This was common throughout their primetime broadcast on 4/15.

Quote:
I hope KIPPJONES was watching and made "the call".
Unfortunately I recorded WLS-HD lastnight and did not see the problems until late. I will call if this happens again. I sure wish WLS would just go with an automated switching system for HD broadcasts as they have been very unreliable as of late.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a hold of Craig this morning, he said he'd look into it again but he said things looked good when he checked yesterday at his end. He then asked me if my received had been certified by Zenith (I don't know) and I got the impression that if his analyzer said he was putting out a good stream then it's my problem to resolve, my receiver doesn't follow standards.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the Zenith 520 and I saw all the problems they are having. Sounds like we need to hear from Kal again.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by meany
I have the Zenith 520 and I saw all the problems they are having. Sounds like we need to hear from Kal again.
Can you give Craig a call at the station, 312-750-7768 and let him know that you have a Zenith (hopefully Zenith certified their box) if you're still having problems. Thanks - Rick

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's 3PM on Wednesday, I now have a video signal on 7-1, but now I don't have any audio, 7-2 continues to come in fine. I called and got Craig's voicemail, left him a message. The Mickey Mouse television station strikes again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I to have been having problems with WLS. It started a couple of days ago. Today 7.1 still breaks up (video) but now there is no audio. 7.2 seems to be fiine. On an odd note WBBM is coming in fine with a signal strength of 44 (Hugehes E86). I am in Crystal Lake about 45 miles out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I got the voice mail, but did not leave a message.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Also no audio here now, video is still somewhat pixelating, 7-2 looks ok.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, now I'm getting audio, but it appears that it's the ABC network HDTV test feed, it's talking about setting audio levels etc. I tried Criag's number, got voice mail and left a message, I tried the main engineering number, got voice mail. I tried the stations general manager's number, got voice mail and left her a message asking her to please get her station working!

5:00PM, I checked again and all is well (at least on my STB). 25.5 hours since the time I orignally reported the problem to the station until it's fixed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,

We have been having some audio problems on our HD feed. We tracked it down to the MC switcher that was intermittently switching the audio source...example around 4p when it switched to HD NET (and yes they were sending Bars and Tone!). I have asked MC to monitor the feed closely. I can also confirm the artifacts seen on NYPD Blue... I saw it at home too. We reset the HD encoder today and it looks a lot better. I did not want to reset the unit in the middle of the show last night! By the way 1st generation Sony receivers seem to have the most difficult time! The new Zenith's are some of the best receivers out there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kal Hassan

Dir of Engg. WLS-TV

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.