AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten DXVA to work???? I really want to get one of those cards but have yet to see anyone state DXVA works

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I just installed my AIW 9700 pro and was about to try dx9...

I think I'll wait for bit... isn't RC1 out?

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am using the 9700 with TT 1.5 and Catalyst 2.4. I haven´t been able to use DXVA.

When I activate DXVA in TT 1.5, my computer hangs badly. But I am a happy camper with TT 1.5 in software mode for the time being.

JayP

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Supposedly there is still an issue with the 9700 and DXVA & TT. I have Catalyst 2.3, did not upgrade to 6200 yet, but experience only intermittent chopiness. No hangs.

I did have to pull AOTC from TT and use the RP82 to play. The TT definitely had better detail and color, but it hiccupped too often. Disappointing.

Tim

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, just tried it at a friends on a new 9700. Whoever said it works - please tell me how to stop the blue screen under WInXP and Mediaplayer 9 RC2.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Catalyst 2.4 drivers are not functional with the VMR in mixing mode and DxVA. This is due to a problem with the change in shader model from the 8500 to the 9700 not being addressed by the ATI drivers. Look for an update soon from ATI to correct this.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jay,

Do you also mean that: Catalyst 2.4 doesn´t work with plain DXVA acceleration under DirectX 8.1 either?.

BTW, that is exactly what I am experiencing. Catalyst 2.4 (& 9700 pro) is not working with Sonic Cineplayer or TT DVD players.

TIA

Jay

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have found the problem with the 9700 to occur only using the VMR or VMR9 in mixing mode with DxVA enabled. ATI is working to address this issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.