Entertainment. "With this exciting high-definition version of 'T2,'

Artisan will provide consumers with the stunning visual and

surround-sound capabilities of Windows Media 9 Series so they can

experience critically acclaimed films like never before."

From a technical standpoint, the HD WMV 9 version of T2 should be

impressive, unlocking visual details that are impossible to see in the

low-resolution standard DVD version. Also, thanks to the disc's

5.1-channel Windows Media Audio (WMA) 9 surround sound, this version

will also feature a stunning, thumping soundtrack and sound effects.

Artisan has completely digitally remastered the Windows Media version

of the film, frame by frame, Microsoft says.

In related news, Microsoft announced this morning that Artisan's

"Standing in the Shadows of Motown," a two-disc DVD package released

April 22, also includes a Windows Media 9 Series-enhanced DVD-ROM that

offers a high-resolution format--almost two times the resolution of a

standard DVD--for PC viewing. Also, Microsoft is giving XP users a

free "Do Amazing Things" DVD that includes WMV 9 video content for

playback on XP-based PCs and the first HD versions of three short

films from the BMW Films Series "The Hire." The DVD also includes the

full-length IMAX movie "The Living Sea" and coverage from Tony Hawk's

"The Road to Boom Boom HuckJam." Although the "Do Amazing Things" DVD

is free, if you order it online you'll pay a small shipping and

handling charge.
https://www.interactservices.com/awe...nt/default.asp

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Cool. Unless you live in Europe, which I do.

Nich

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just ordered mine. Cost me around $5 to ship after exchange rates and that. Nice disc to have to benchmark and fiddle anyways. Funny thing though I deal with MS so often and go to so many seminars I will probably have one of these in one way or another within the next month anyhow. Ah well this one should show up sooner.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know what the availability is on the extra DVD? I stopped by the local Best Buy and they'd never heard of it. Is it inside the case, attached to the case or maybe given at the register or something?

Oh, and also, when I visit that url and try to click the $2.99 option it just goes back to the same page. Only when I click $4.99 does it take me to an actual order form. Anyone else having this problem? Seems like a scam to get us to pay more ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Will this T2 be available in europe to buy?, also anyone know if Do Amazing Things will be offered as a download in the future, its free only if you live in the usa / canada :rolleyes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well it looks interesting enough to purchase, but the ridiculous eCommerce provider they use will not allow me to enter my full city name, but it loops on a "Correct the address" error! What a joke. I test software for a living, and what ever boundry testing they did may have been adequate, but states with Mexican names for cities quite often exceed 20 characters! Oh well, will someone who is able to actually purchase it please report back on how it is? :(

·
Registered
299 Posts
Reslolved! I called the phone number from the fulfillment company's website, and was eventually connected with one of their engineers. He volunteered to enter the order for me manually, so I have faxed off the relevant info. Now that is what I call service. If anyone has the same issue with the city name too long, just PM me through AVS Forums and I can give you the info. to contact them. :) :) :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by omarr
Oh, and also, when I visit that url and try to click the $2.99 option it just goes back to the same page. Only when I click $4.99 does it take me to an actual order form. Anyone else having this problem? Seems like a scam to get us to pay more ;)
The first time I clicked $2.99 it took me back to the same page but I clicked again and it went to the order form. I ordered the disk but don't know why I payed $0.28 sales tax for an item that was free. I guess thats nothing to complain about though. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
At least you got the $2.99 to work. I had to upgrade to the $4.99 to order it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey you guys with the city name problem. Don't feel too bad. The drop down list of states/provinces does not include my province at all (Manitoba). I know we are pretty insignificant, but I have never seen confirmation like this before :mad: I e-mailed the e-commerce guys and told them. Hopefully they will have it fixed before the whole province disappears off the face of the earth.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I finally got the $2.99 button to work. I guess you just have to hit it until it randomly decides you've had enough. I also ordered the SitSoM DVD online, so all in all it ends up saving me a few dollars. Now I just have to wait, and that's the hardest part...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I fiddled around with the disk for a few minutes last night. The HD WMV files wouldn't play using Zoomplayer, they only worked within WMP, which I thought was odd.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by patja
I fiddled around with the disk for a few minutes last night. The HD WMV files wouldn't play using Zoomplayer, they only worked within WMP, which I thought was odd.
ZoomPlayer doesn't support DRM yet. Blight is working on this.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well I got my disc already. Popped it in, and then the "fun" really began. My system couldn't keep up with the HD content. I have a AMD XP 2200+, with 512MB of PC2100 DDR, and an AIW Radeon 32MB card. The motherboard is the FX41 in a Shuttle SK41G. The AGP card is in 4x mode, with I think Fastwrites enabled. I am thinking it is a CPU bottleneck since the HD content calls for a 2.4GHz P4, but I figured the XP could keep up.

I even used the option that copied the movie to the Hard Drive in case it was my oldish 6x DVD ROM, but it does run in UDMA Mode 2, so there wasn't really any difference. My hard drive is ATA133 and the throughput should be enough, so I am trying to really get a handle on what I should address to have HD content play without jerking and stutters. Any ideas?

Options I have available:

Radeon 9700 Pro board, and my mobo supports 8x, I think.

Overclock to about 143MHz on the FSB which will be 1.935GHz for the XP instead of 1.8GHz, and the memory will allow faster throughput.

I really want avoid having to buy a new CPU.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeepman
Well I got my disc already. Popped it in, and then the "fun" really began. My system couldn't keep up with the HD content.
I don't want to stir up controversy in here, but I'm guessing that you're using XP... Look for my 2000 outperforms XP? thread... If you install 2000 on your machine, I can almost guarentee that you'll be able to play the HD content flawlessly. This has been the experience for myself and several other guys on several different systems, all of which were right in your performance range.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
jeepman,

You must have a hardware problem. I 'm running Asus A7V333 with 1700+

768 mb ddr 2100 (Crucial) Ati 9500Pro and have zero issues with the demo dvd from CC and Microsoft. I have not looked at my bios since the install of XP pro about 9 months ago, but I am pretty sure the MOBO is set to default settings.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes, check your all of your settings Jeepman. Try driver updates, etc.

I downclocked my system to 2100+ speeds and it ran smooth as silk.

·
Registered
18,928 Posts
Use Powerstrip to turn on Fastwrites. Makes all the difference- my 1600+ can handle the 1280*720p streams just fine.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.