AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows media center, windows 7 ultimate 64 bit hangs in 'downloading tv setup data'. Tried fixes saw on the net from those with same problem,....just crashed windows media center and had to system restore for it to try to work again...:confused:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Time for a clean re-install maybe?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Having problems as described could very well be the result of you choosing to disable UAC.
If you haven't touched the UAC setting, disregard this post.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Hey, for what it's worth, when I was having issues it turned out I had a clock wrong. And get this, I had the clock right in Windows, but the clock on the host machine was on the wrong time zone, which FUBAR'd the system. Make absolutely all the clocks are correct.

I've tried using other systems for recording live TV, haven't found anything other than WMC that's worth a ... you know what.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked everything you all suggested, nada...Installed MediaPortal and all seems good(considering i have 3 TV tuner cards), no problems like i had on my 8.1 PC, though i am having trouble with getting guide listings...will figure it out in time though...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HMMMM....seems like this MediaPortal setup is missing the xmltv/tvguide.xml file....

Checked everything you all suggested, nada...Installed MediaPortal and all seems good(considering i have 3 TV tuner cards), no problems like i had on my 8.1 PC, though i am having trouble with getting guide listings...will figure it out in time though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts