AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my motherboard and CPU recently in my desktop/mediacenterPC, got everything up and running with Windows 7 Ultimate. I wanted to be able to view/stream MKV files, so I added the Shark007 codec pack. Everything was running great without any issues.

I have not used Mediacenter on the PC for about a week or so after this. Didn't install/change anything really that should affect Mediacenter, as far as I know.

Everytime I go to watch live TV, I click on a listing in the guide, the screen will flicker and immediately come up with a box stating "Windows Media Center has stopped working" and gives the option to "Debug" or "Close Program". "Debug" just restarts the program.

Sometimes the channel will show in the background, but grayed out and without any sound, other times(usually) it just goes blank and the box pops up.

It will crash trying to pull up pictures or recorded videos as well. Basically I can't do much of anything within the program at this point.

I have a HD5770 graphics card that had the 12.4 Catalyst Control Center and latest drivers installed. I went to the 12.6 Beta drivers and still get the same thing.

I have no clue what happened in the week or so that I did not run the program to cause this to happen.

Is there a way to just uninstall the MediaCenter part of Windows and reinstall it? How do I find a log file that reports what is crashing?

Thanks for any help that keeps me from doing a fresh install.......again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got a Ceton4 tuner which I updated last night to the latest firmware, and it already had the latest driver, and that didn't change anything.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73  /t/1417787/wmc-keeps-crashing#post_22172707

Is there a way to just uninstall the MediaCenter part of Windows and reinstall it?

If interested, you can find some instructions on re-installing Media Center here .

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Tried and it made no difference. Looks like I will just try a fresh install. I did make a few backups along the last install to keep from having to re-download all the updates and most of the drivers.

GRRRRRRR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts