AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with bitstreaming and Live TV in WMC. I am using MPC-HC for my mkv rips of my blu rays. Bitstreaming works just fine. If I go to watch TV in WMC, ther is no sound. If I go into my audio device properties and uncheck the exclusive mode options then sound works in TV, but no more bitstreaming. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Turn off transition sounds in WMC. There's a rumor about that this fixes this issue. Also, set WMC to the number of speakers in your system. You should be able to set the Windows system sounds to be the number of speakers in your system also, depending on your AVR make and model.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1468459/wmc-live-tv-exclusive-mode-audio-problem#post_23210518

Turn off transition sounds in WMC. There's a rumor about that this fixes this issue. Also, set WMC to the number of speakers in your system. You should be able to set the Windows system sounds to be the number of speakers in your system also, depending on your AVR make and model.

Setup Windows sounds and WMC to match my 5.1 setup. Still cannot hear any sound in WMC unless I uncheck exclusive mode. I have Denon AVR-591. I also just switched from optical to HDMI.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I understand now what you are talking about. The audio settings for your card (which is newer than my GT-430) are in the driver for the card itself and not in Control Panel > Sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2  /t/1468459/wmc-live-tv-exclusive-mode-audio-problem#post_23211668

I understand now what you are talking about. The audio settings for your card (which is newer than my GT-430) are in the driver for the card itself and not in Control Panel > Sound.

I have the latest drivers

is what comes up when I go through Nvidia control panel

With it set like this, I cannot hear Live TV through WMC but bitstreaming works. Unchecked, I can hear live tv, but bitstreaming breaks.

I also tried disabling WMC sounds

1 - 12 of 12 Posts