AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, does windows media center record live TV while closed? IE, can I set a couple programs to record via guide, then close it and get back to the latest wow expansion? :p

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You know I cant seem to figure out how it works really. I have had wmc7 crash on me and I know I went to bed when it was crashed and/or closed and it still recorded tv so I am guessing it has nothing really to do with whether its running or not. you could just minimize the window to make sure. I have a hauppage 2250.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindaugas /forum/post/19623247

Just a quick question, does windows media center record live TV while closed? IE, can I set a couple programs to record via guide, then close it and get back to the latest wow expansion? :p

Yes, TV signals are recorded even if Media Center is not running. In fact, your PC can wake up from S3 sleep in order to record a previously scheduled recording. It can also wake up to download guide updates.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivonious /forum/post/19659369

Yes it can. The recording is actually handled by a separate application.

Yep..what he said. As matter of fact you can exit out of media center while it is recording and it just keeps recording with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts