AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Windows 7 with a Ceton InfitiTV 4.

All of a sudden when 1 program is recording WMC will complain that no tuners are available when I try to change the channel or schedule a recording. However if I go to the guide it will (usually) let me change the channel and record on the new channel.

As a test today despite an initial WMC complaint of no tuners available (when 1 program was recording). I was able to get it to record on 3 tuners and watch another channel.

When I run the diagnostics Ceton reports everything is fine and I am on the latest firmware.

Any suggestions? I looked through the MS knowledgebase but there are no recent updates.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Are you running your InfiniTV 4 locally? I'm seeing similar problems, but mine is installed in my server and network bridged out to my HTPC's. I see it when I bring my HTPC out of sleep. Most of the time, I have to reboot to fix it, but occasionally, I can do a "channel up" and "channel down" and I can get it to come back. My diagnostics page shows everything is working, too. This seems like a recent problem. I think I've seen it for a couple of months.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the InfiniTV is local. There have been no issues over the last 3-4 years until the last week or two. It all started when I dropped a package on Cable TV. Since then I had to re-setup the channels and my season passes. Now I am wondering if I need to blow everything away and start from scratch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.