AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for weeks on this site and all over google and haven't found a clear solution to my issue

I am running into an issue where WMC7 is crashing occasionally producing the following error

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: EHShell.exe

Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Application Timestamp: 4a5bd053

Fault Module Name: audiokse.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5be01e

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000067ca8

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ehshell.exe

Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Application Timestamp: 4a5bd053

Fault Module Name: audiokse.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5be01e

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000067ca8

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 55a2

Additional Information 2: 55a2fd0aac28badc17ecbcfa387b63d6

Additional Information 3: ac16

Additional Information 4: ac16ae2c31aa4bdcd322d7c0e9738546

I believe it has to do with the AV receiver (Pioneer 1020k) switching inputs but it doesn't appear to be the only time this happens and not all the time.

HTPC Build
Motherboard MSI Z68MA-G45 (B3)

Ram G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

CPU Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge

Card Ceton InfiniTV 4 Digital Cable Quad-tuner Card PCIe

SSD SAMSUNG 830 (SSD)

I followed Assassin's guide to the configuration of WMC7 with Media Browser and installed the LAV codec Filters

I am up to date on ALL Drivers, my video card is the Intel HD3000 Internal card. Works great except I think that may be the cause of my issue.

I did run a memory test and memory seems to be fine, I saw one issue where that was the problem.

If anyone has any insight please help me out. I have looked for weeks and tried many different things to try and correct the issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used to have a similar issue with an i3 (using the integrated video) through an Onkyo receiver. About a year ago I bought a Geffen HDMI detective which resolved the issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blushrts /forum/post/21489976

I used to have a similar issue with an i3 (using the integrated video) through an Onkyo receiver. About a year ago I bought a Geffen HDMI detective which resolved the issue.

Thanks for the tip! I hope I can fix this with some settings or edid config, but if not i will be getting one of these, thanks again!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Justin I am having the same issue you are/were having. I have an i3 with all the updated drivers but any time I have LiveTV playing and I power off the receiver (Denon 1912) I get the audiokse.dll error like you get and WMC has to be restarted. As long as I do not have LiveTV running whenever I turn off the receiver there is no issues so I am not sure if it a HDCP handshake issue or something else.

I have tried messing around with the memory settings in BIOS like mentioned here:
http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=20369#post20369

But since it does not just happen randomly but instead whenever I power off the receiver i doubted it had anything to do with a memory issue.

And I have tried updating the drivers like mentioned in many places but to no success. My last resort would be to just program the Stop button into my Harmony remote off sequence but would really like to have LiveTV always running so whenever I turn the TV on I have my buffer filled already so I can rewind if I want to. That HDMI Detective sounds like it would probably work but would rather not have another piece of hardware into the mix. I have heard others have had success using a dedicated video card instead of the on board video in the i-Series CPUs but again would rather not have to add anything else to the system

What did you end up doing to resolve your issue? Or is it still on going?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
I have a "stop" command issued to WMC by my Harmony 900 before shutting down the system to ensure that LiveTV isn't playing and to clear a tuner for use by another PC on the network. This also stops any movie that might be playing in MB.

Reactions: bellj949

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank Sammy,

I think that is probably going to be the easiest and cheapest (no new dedicated graphics card or different memory). Right now I just have 1 TV running off the HTPC and 4 tuners so freeing up the tuner for another TV isn't an issue right now, however I will be moving soon and I will be running more TVs with extenders. So adding the Stop function into the remote would probably be something I would really want anyway to make sure the tuner is freed up; I hadn't thought about that yet!

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
Of course you need to remember to put the corresponding "LiveTV" command in the the start up of the activity for better WAF.. I like it too. It is nice to hit the remote and have Live TV start. BTW, I have a few 1000 mili-sec pauses in the start up sequence and shut down sequence.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
justinb181,

Where did you get your error data from?

Two nights ago my HTPC had the power & HDD indicator LEDs on which meant WMC7 should have been recording or Norton doing an update. I turned on the HDTV and got a black screen with a 2 line text message to select a boot device & press any key. However pressing any key just re-displayed the same message. I finally had to power off the HTPC.

I looked through many, many log events not having any idea what to look for but was hoping something would be obvious, but it was not. Something obviously woke my HTPC from sleep & then crashed it.

Your error messages look a little easier to follow. How did you get them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts