AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Powerstrip at 1368 x 668. When I run Windows Media Player 9 with the new HDTV trailers (Slip Into Liquid, etc.), the player puts black bars on the left and right and squishes the picture. When I play other content (camcorder video, etc), the picture is not squished. However, when I switch Powerstrip back to the default desktop, the player plays the trailers correctly. Can anyone help me with this? Am I missing a setting in WMP9? I searched, but couldn't find if this has already been discussed.

Thanks!

Rich

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
WMP9 still lacks AR code.... I have not tried it at 16:9 resolutions but I have an anamorphic lens in place so myself and any users of CRT systems (that use non square pixels), plasma users (that have 4:3 rez and 16:9 screens), anamorphic lens users, etc cannot get this to work correctly...

However Zoom Player runs them and handles AR just fine... Blight is experimenting with the multi channel audio and Jamoka has reported success (I really have to pull the HTPC from the rack and recable) but... Once DRM title appear it is highly likely that DRM will not allow playback in other directshow players....

Lobby MS for AR code and Lobby them for a DRM interface...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.