Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to play some sample HD-WMV files in my HTPC (PIV 3 GHz and Radeon 9600 video card) connected via DVI to a 1280x720 LCD projector. If I use ZoomPlayer for the playback, I get extremely choppy playback, both with 720p and with 1080i videos. However, if I use BSplayer or winDVD6, I get a perfectly smooth playback. The main difference between ZP and BS is that when I open the WMV file with ZP, ffdshow is also loaded, but this does not happen with BSPlayer. So it could be that the reasons for the choppy payback are more related to ffdshow than to the player.

So I would like to put forward the following questions:

1.-Anybody has any idea why this is happening?

2.- If the problems are related to ffdshow, anybody could hint me to the right settings for smooth playback of WMV files using ffdshow?

3.- Is there anyway to activate ffdshow when playing WMV files with BSplayer?

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
You could use the "Customized Media" setup (under filter controls menu) in zoomplayer and setup up to not use ffdshow. I had the same problem and this is the best work around. Plus after you get to know how to the customized media it makes it so much easier to setup and tweak how zoom player plays different files/media.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, Fred Seger.

I tried and it worked perfectly. I still need to figure out what´s the problem with WMV and ffdshow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.