AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the present time (Friday 12/6/02) WNYW DT 5-1 is the only digital service available. WWOR DT 5-2 is temporarly off the air.

·
Registered
740 Posts
now what have you been smoking? sorry, but this statment is a little off.

listed as follows:

WCBS from ESB just checked them again, better for me then normal.

WTNH ABC from New Haven, some from NYC can get.

WCTX UPN also from New Haven, just went back on the air.

WEDW or WEDN both Ct. PBS stations might be hard to get in the city.

WFSB CBS out of Hartford very very long shot.

WNET PBS very low power and only if you are in NJ.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lomax
now what have you been smoking? sorry, but this statment is a little off.

listed as follows:

WCBS from ESB just checked them again, better for me then normal.

WTNH ABC from New Haven, some from NYC can get.

WCTX UPN also from New Haven, just went back on the air.

WEDW or WEDN both Ct. PBS stations might be hard to get in the city.

WFSB CBS out of Hartford very very long shot.

WLIW PBS very low power and only if you are in NJ.
I am not sure why you say the statment is "a little off". WWOR programming, which had been a subchannel of WNYW's channel 44, is no longer present.

WLIW-DT is not on the air. Maybe you mean WNJN or WNET?

·
Registered
96 Posts
WWOR is not there for me either. And, it seems to me that the WNYW-DT signal strength is lower over the past week that it was previously. CBS-DT comes it at 95 to 100 but WNYW-DT is only in the 50 to 60 area. And, at one point this week, it was only in the 20s.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
bitkeeper

You are correct I just checked 12/7 1:55 and WWOR DT is off the air the analog sihgnal is fine.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Now, now I said a little off :D It sounded like this was all that he could pick up. I was assuring him that there was more then low res FOX to be had.

He is right about WWOR being off of the the FOX sub channel. Wonder what is up with them? I thought that I could just jump over to WCTX, but its picture is just total CRAP! What a interlaced mess that channel is, now I am going to miss blurry WWOR.

Sorry I was a little off, it was WNET, hard to remember a PBS that I can no way in hell get. lucky I get both WEDW and (sometimes or?) WEDN, Well I can get a least one of them all the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The message was put out as an ADVISORY to all who watch WWOR DT.

No other station or market was mentioned in the post.

Believe me, I know whats on the air and what's not in the NYC market.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tried to email WWOR UPN 9 for some information regarding this thru their web site.

Guess what--it bounced back.

No mention of anything on their site about their digital signal.

It's too bad--cause they were one of the three channels I can get from Woodside, New York. [I don't have cable].

I'm down to two!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only once having issues with WNYW lately. The signal comes and goes so frequently, it's really annoying. I had to scrap the Giants-Redskins "Widescreen" game the other day to watch the DirecTV local feed because the instability of the signal drove me nuts.

I wonder what happened over there? WNYW had been incredibly reliable and strong for quite a long time. Hmm...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PeterMR
Have not been receiving WYNY (44-1 OTA) for approx. the last 24 hours. Any news?
I am receiving it fine. Perhaps your receiver needs a rescan since they readded WWOR programming to a subchannel recently.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I lost the WYNY (5-1) signal when I regained WWOR (5-2). I have tried rescan, manual input, soft reboot and yet have no signal. I have even tried remapping. WWOR will automatically remap from 44-2 to 5-2, yet 44-1 and 5-1 show zero signal strength while 44-2 and 5-2 show 100% - I understand that one station is a subchannel of the other, but though 44 shows 100%, the problem is with the 44-1 subchannel. I am relatively sophisticated when it comes to electronics, but I am at my wits end with this problem. BTW, have Hughes E-86 stb, but everything else appears to be working. Suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Hughes E86 and do not get WYNY (5-1 or 44-1) either. Rescanning and directly tuning to 44-1 did not do it for me either. WCBS and WWOR on 5-2 work OK though.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
I lost WWOR via NYC's Time Warner Cable for some time, too. It's not clear whether TWC here gets Fox/WWOR signals OTA or with a fiber-optic feed. But I tune it in so rarely, since it appears to be digital 480i, that it wasn't really missed. My cable converter turns the 480i into 1080i at the component outputs. That gives a fuzzy washed-out appearance to digital WWOR--or any non-digital channels viewed via component out. (S-video, composite, or RF converter outputs for the standard WWOR signal, channel 9, are only deinterlaced by my set to 480p.) -- John

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I have to ask...Does everybody here actually watch anything on WWOR? I'm not getting it now either, but it really doesn't effect me whatsoever - and hasn't since WWOR lost the Mets games a couple of years back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.