AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in San Antonio know if WOAI is temporarily off the air with their digital broadcast? I can seem to tune them in anymore.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
joe,

I checked at 7:00 AM this morning and I was able to get WOAI-DT just fine with my Dish 6000. Both the main channel and the weather radar on the subchannel came in fine. I was also able to get enough of a lock on KABB-DT to finally add it to the menu on my Dish receiver.

Unfortunately, I still have not been able to get the briefest flash of picture or sound from KABB-DT. Turning the antenna to the north, I did get a solid signal on KRRT-DT. The rolling hum bars (a pair of faint horizontal lines moving up the screen) are still visible. Likewise, the audio on KRRT analog OTA and KRRT over the satellite on Dish Network was far better than the audio on KRRT-DT. There was distortion on the high end and a general "tin can" sound to the audio on KRRT-DT.

My reception of KENS-DT has been great since Jerry fixed the time-base issue and the problem with the microwave STL. KSAT, Univision and Telemundo remain excellent when they are on the air. WOAI is sacrificing a little picture quality by running the subchannel even when NBC makes HD network programming available. Other than that, all of the non-Sinclair DTV stations are broadcasting all the sound and picture quality their networks make available to them. I'm pretty happy and look forward to PBS HD, ESPN and the new HDnet channels in the next six months. There are a lot of places in the country where the HD transition isn't going nearly this well.

Jim

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else getting WOAI in San Antonio? I figured out that I'm getting it, but not on 4.1 and 4.2. I'm getting it on 58.1 and 58.2, so it's not remapping. I'm using a Sony SATHD200.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
joe,

I forgot to mention, I'm getting WOAI-DT on 58-1 and 58-2 also. I don't think they're using PSIP to remap the channel right now.

Jim

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JimboG
joe,

I forgot to mention, I'm getting WOAI-DT on 58-1 and 58-2 also. I don't think they're using PSIP to remap the channel right now.

Jim
Well that's good to know. Now I don't have to blame my receiver. Any idea why they're not remapping? Previously, the were on 4.1/4.2, correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have lost WOAI-D. For me, it went out on Thursday, 12-12-2002 at around 9:55 PM. I cannot get any signal from 4-1, 4-2, 58-1, or 58-2. I'm guessing that they are having some problems. Does anyone have any info on the current status of WOAI?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DCinSA
I too have lost WOAI-D. For me, it went out on Thursday, 12-12-2002 at around 9:55 PM. I cannot get any signal from 4-1, 4-2, 58-1, or 58-2. I'm guessing that they are having some problems. Does anyone have any info on the current status of WOAI?
Some time during primetime Thursday evening, 58.1 got remapped to 4.1 and I had to switch from watching on 58.1 to watching on 4.1. Then it disappeared altogether. Obviously they are having probs, but I do not know to what extent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.