Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I just got a 50" Plasma for Christmas that I put on a stand from Sam's. The stand is a brand called Whalen, that is designed for HDTV's. There is an optional "plasma floater" you can get to give the impression that the plasma is floating above the stand. The stand has two heavy couterweights at the bottom to keep it from tipping if you decide to use the floater.

Anyway, the reason I am telling you all this is because when someone walks across the floor, the Plasma wobbles. We live in an older house on a crawl space, and I've always been able to feel the floor vibrating when someone walks across it. I don't think that the stand itself is the issue, I think it's the cheesy plastic tabletop stand that the plasma came with. I noticed in the manual that there is a stud at each top back corner of the plasma that you can use to secure a wire to, then secure the other end to a stable object. I'm thinking of using those to secure a wire to the stand. Has anyone else experienced this? What do you guys think is the best way to counteract this? Do you guys think that this has damaged the plasma in any way?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?? (Bump)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody???????

·
Registered
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgburton
Fellas,

I just got a 50" Plasma for Christmas that I put on a stand from Sam's. The stand is a brand called Whalen, that is designed for HDTV's. There is an optional "plasma floater" you can get to give the impression that the plasma is floating above the stand. The stand has two heavy couterweights at the bottom to keep it from tipping if you decide to use the floater.

Anyway, the reason I am telling you all this is because when someone walks across the floor, the Plasma wobbles. We live in an older house on a crawl space, and I've always been able to feel the floor vibrating when someone walks across it. I don't think that the stand itself is the issue, I think it's the cheesy plastic tabletop stand that the plasma came with. I noticed in the manual that there is a stud at each top back corner of the plasma that you can use to secure a wire to, then secure the other end to a stable object. I'm thinking of using those to secure a wire to the stand. Has anyone else experienced this? What do you guys think is the best way to counteract this? Do you guys think that this has damaged the plasma in any way?

Thanks!!

Why not solve the problem and wall mount it. :)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Just tighten it down somehow, or wall mount. Some stands have poles on the back you can mount the plasma to. They look nice, and generally cost about the same as professional wall-mounting with in-wall wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.