AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been of great help, after carefully reading all the pro's and con's of the 811 and the problems people are having with supply and demmand I was having second toughts about ordering this unit. I sent a email on friday to them, they replied immediatelly telling me that there where some units in stock in my area. I was exited to say the least so I call on monday the corporate number and the person that sent me the email was not available so I spoke with a diff person this person was giving me the mombo jombo that they where out of the units. I told him to transfer me to the person that sent me the email and he did.

I paid for my receiver on monday as she said there where some in my area, receiver was shipped on tuesday and I am now weiting hoping to get it before superbowl. I ended up paying the 199.00 price as I did not qualify for whatever reason for the discounted price. The lady never mentioned any contracts so I am hoping they did not slap me witha one year contatract.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey guys i paid for my 811 five weeks ago and they tell me they don't have any and they don't know when they will be in stock also said the only models out there are test models and none are being offered to the public yet has anyone else heard a story like that yet also every time you call you get a different answer i wish they would put charlie on the line so i can get things taken care of , anyone else got a answer thanks rick in md

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rick,

Apparently this is a hit and miss, Unfortunatelly one rep will say one thing and another will say something totally different. I sent them a email today to see if I can purchase a seccond unit and have it shipped overnight as I want to insure viewing superbowl on HD.

Crazy that they would bill you and not send you the unit.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skinnyrickt
hey guys i paid for my 811 five weeks ago and they tell me they don't have any and they don't know when they will be in stock also said the only models out there are test models and none are being offered to the public yet has anyone else heard a story like that yet also every time you call you get a different answer i wish they would put charlie on the line so i can get things taken care of , anyone else got a answer thanks rick in md
If you search for "811" there's lots of us out there w/that experience. Mine took nearly 7 weeks from order (charged) date to actual install (w/4 cancelled installs along the way). Don't bother calling the CSRs at the 800 number. When they pickup ask to be transferred to the executive office and speak w/someone there - they're actually speaking to you from the States and are much more helpful.

As a funny story w/the first level CSRs, I spent nearly *10* minutes trying to explain the concept that *TWO* teams play in a basketball game to a "supervisor" on the 800 number. I had an issue w/a regional blackout (turned out my receiver hadn't yet aquired the proper blackout information) and the "supervisor" kept telling me that I couldn't see the game because it wasn't my home team. She was apparently incapable of understanding that a game required TWO teams, my home team and one for them to play against. Man...I was way in the wormhole on that one...

Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.