AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn CBS! Couldn't they give this show a better chance? This was a fresh, unique show with a lot of potential. Yet duds like "That's Life" and "Touched by an Angel" are still on the schedule! :mad:

From Variety Magazine via The Futon Critic:

CBS Ditches 'Wolf Lake'

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
I have a policy of watching any show in HDTV at least once.

Once for "Wolf Lake" was enough.

The only show I regularly watch is CSI, which is good content as well as excellent HDTV.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I thought it Sucked.......

Bring back the Fugitive

·
Registered
171 Posts
vruiz, for once I agree with you. It was an entertaining story.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Agree. I thought Wolf Lake was just getting interesting. Twin Peaks took about a season to get interesting (but then it went down real fast)

Rick

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
from the very first preview of this show i vowed never to watch it. i knew that it would suck. this makes me so happy to find out that there are still a few people who do not watch complete garbage. shame on CBS for ever letting this show get out the door.

p.s. lou diamond philip's career is over. roflmao.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I liked this show. PQ was awesome as well. There is a shortage of content like scifi and horror on HD. Wolf Lake did fill a gap, and I can't stand the prime time lineup of ABC and CBS, with the odd exception, like CSI.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Have to confess I was suspicious last week, when a main character was killed off, that something was up. Actors often bail when they know their show is about to receive the hook.

ADebar, I've observed for some time that, for one so young, you do seem awfully rigid in your opinions. May I suggest you learn not to imply that everyone who disagrees with you is a nincompoop.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Rats...I was just starting to become infatuated with Sophia! :(

·
Premium Member
11,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Linda Britt
Have to confess I was suspicious last week, when a main character was killed off, that something was up. Actors often bail when they know their show is about to receive the hook.

ADebar, I've observed for some time that, for one so young, you do seem awfully rigid in your opinions. May I suggest you learn not to imply that everyone who disagrees with you is a nincompoop.
Linda,

may I suggest that your statement is prejudiced and offensive to me about ADebar. I am on the upper end of gen-x here and judging ADebar based on age is very offensive to me. Please do not let it happen again. You must remember, most of us gen-x members grew up with a technology spoon in our mouths and may have different opinions than the veterans of technology and it should be respected as we respect the age of knowledge of the veterans here.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I agree with kippjones, Im 3 years younger then ADebar.

Back to topic- I saw previews for wolf Lake and IMO, It looked very good. I never watched it, but always wanted to. I dont watch much OTA TV and forget CBS (and ABC, NBC and Fox) even exist at times. I mostly watch TV via E*.

Steve

·
Registered
965 Posts
Kipp...You misunderstood my intentions completely. Unfortunately, I choose the wrong thread in which to make my point.It's not about age or technological know-how. it's about the tone. it's about expressing a differing opinion without making arbitrary and hurtful remarks.

The comment about rigid opinions, as it relates to age, stems from the fact that the older you get the more you learn that tolerance for the differences between ourselves and others is a good thing.

To get back on topic: Life offers many lessons. Some of them can take a real bite our of your backside.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I thought it sucked too! They canceled the Fugitive for a lot of crap. There is not one show of all the networks this season that i can not miss. They should have moved the Fugitive to a different night.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wolf Lake and Alias were two best new series IMO. I suppose they'll cancel Alias next. At least they took a chance with WL.

Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by del
I thought it sucked too! They canceled the Fugitive for a lot of crap. There is not one show of all the networks this season that i can not miss. They should have moved the Fugitive to a different night.
ROFL!!

Talk about crap, now the Fugitive was pure crap. I was so glad that they got rid of that show. How many times can you watch the exact same story, over and over and over? Man comes to town, man wants to stay, man can stay because he's about to be caught. And talk about bad actors, Tim Daly was aweful.

It's sad to see a good show like Wolf Lake, original, semi well-written and good production value go off the air without a chance.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by del
Hey Adebar,

Are you using you dad 's profile? It is not a bad thing but your tone is different.
absolutely not. i'm the only one who posts on this nick. i've been a little frustrated with the industry lately and have taken a more abrupt and rigid tone that does not adhere to sensitivity. if my age(19) is suddenly an issue on this forum either my critics or myself is leaving(and i dont think i have enough influence to get people to leave). i have always been straight forward and honest with you all and possibly went about it in a less striking manner in the past. people that PM me and ask for help are always glad to get a reply from me because it is informative and timely. i hope this doesn't come up again, linda.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I thought the first show was awful, but the follow on's seemed to be getting better. Oh well. Any rumors on what they will replace it with? Wed nite is already a wasteland.

Vic: Some people like "Thats life".

Mike

·
Registered
302 Posts

All I have to say is apparently there aren't that many people who don't watch garbage. Shows like Survivor, Temptation Island, and other reality shows all qualify as "garbage" IMHO. But in ratings, they qualify as "hits".

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.