AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was initally pleased to see that this film is to be released this summer, but disappointed to see that the sound track will only be 2.0.

I have a letterboxed LaserDisc of this film, with Dolby Surround Sound. Somewhere I had the impression that a better soundtrack was available. I am disappointed not to see a 5.1 track.

For those not familiar with this film, the surround sound is used very effectively, especially in those scenes presented from the point of view of the Wolfen.

Anyone have any more information?

Michael Bate

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Wolfen was originally recorded in Stereo surround...way before "5.1" saw the light of day. The laserdisc's soundtrack is in Stereo surround; it sounds quite good too...

-THTS

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree that the LD sounded pretty good. You might want to audition before you buy...you know how DVD 2.0 usually sounds when stacked up against LD Pro-logic!

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Wolfen this film is gory when it comes to severed hands, and heads plural by wolves (Caneous lupis).

A young Edward James Olmos (Miami Vice) is a indian american in this scary film. Diane Venora acts very well, as Deweys's partner.

O/T coroner they call 'baldy' was the Aircraft Carrier Captain in movie "Top Gun" with Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards. Albert Finney acted very well in a movie called "Looker" also in 1981. Today Mr. Finney is playing Winston Churchill.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Wolfen is a great movie it sounded great in Pro Loglic on TMC. But I'm sure it would sound a million times better in 5.1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.