AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The art style looks great and it is from founding members of Starbreeze which makes me very excited for it

8 minutes of gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbEUNaVYbYI&feature=youtu.be

This reminds me of Killzone 2

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/055/1/2/wolfenstein_gibs_by_digi_matrix-d77vvdm.gif

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/24/wolfenstein-the-new-order-ps4-hands-on-old-school/

Wolfenstein: The New Order PS4 Hands on: Old School

Wolfenstein: The New Order pits players against seemingly insurmountable odds in a skewed 1960′s where the Nazis conquered the world. An FPS that’s old-school in all the best ways, it eschews modern niceties — no recharging shields here — in favor of merciless, finely honed shooting.

Our recent hands-on experiences with the PS4 version pointed to an invigoratingly confident single-player shooter of a distinctly different breed. Case in point: Original FPS hero B.J. Blazkowicz goes to battle with 100 health, which you’ll top off by collecting medkits and gorging on food scattered throughout levels. This traditional damage model combines with modern-day visuals, a surprisingly satisfying story, and strong character progression to create a unique and refreshing take on the genre. Old meets new, but in the best of ways.

Old-school in all the best ways

Clicking DualShock 4’s touchpad pulls up BJ’s journal. The Perks section drew particular attention. Rather than accruing experience points, you’ll unlock perks by completing specific challenges. Specialize in a particular weapon, and you’ll gain related skills in the skill tree’s Stealth, Tactical, Assault and Demolition sections. And depending on your playstyle, you’ll fill out some branches more quickly than others.

In terms of storytelling, The New Order seeks to similarly recalibrate the idea of the FPS by weaving a tale with unexpected turns, meaningful relationships, and diabolical antagonists. You’ll face tough choices, too. No spoilers, but at one point I put the controller down in hopes that the game would make a decision for me (it didn’t).

This reboot is a gutsy move

The arsenal is predictably expansive. Even the pistol BJ brandishes is massive and imposing, not to mention the myriad rifles, shotguns, machine guns and turrets you’ll employ. What’s more, BJ can dual-wield nearly any weapon in the game, which comes at the cost of some accuracy but is often worth the price of admission: hosing down a crowd of unsuspecting Nazis with akimbo assault rifles or full-auto machine guns is an experience you won’t soon forget. Another touch I appreciated was the ability to unmount and carry turrets, which you can warm up with L2 before unleashing a torrent of hot death.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Wow - looks cool. Unless I read horrible reviews or something, I'll probably be picking this up.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII  /t/1519996/wolfenstein-the-new-order#post_24416844

I believe this is the dev who did The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay / Dark Athena. They know how to do really good FPS single player games.

Yep, Starbreeze is a solid dev crew.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am hoping there is a revised enemy territories :)

·
Registered
9,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n  /t/1519996/wolfenstein-the-new-order#post_24425277

No multilayer, which is really sad. It does look good, should be fun on PS4 as I can't justify doing a pc gpu upgrade for it

I'm disapointed as well, I want a fun old school style multiplayer fps on consoles. I'm tired of military style shooters.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
 http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wolfenstein-specifications-ask-for-an-i7-processor-xbox-one-and-ps4-install-sizes-also-revealed/1100-6419355/
Quote:
Wolfenstein specifications ask for an i7 processor, Xbox One and PS4 install sizes also revealed

The new Wolfenstein game needs a bit of a hefty PC in order to run. Can yours handle it?

ethesda has published the "necessary" system requirements for Wolfenstein: The New Order, and they're a bit hefty: you'll need an Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD processor, the publisher says.

The rest of the required PC specs are far more modest, asking for a GeForce 460/Radeon 6850, 4GB RAM, a 64-bit installation of Windows 7 or 8, and 50GB hard drive space.

"If your PC matches these requirements, then you’re good to go!" says Bethesda. We've dropped Bethesda a line to see if they'll clarify whether the i7 requirement is a bare minimum, or just recommended.

Can your PC run it, then?

Bethesda also announced that the PS4 and Xbox One version of Wolfenstein: The New Order will require a minimum of 8GB of hard drive space, and 47GB for a total install. The PS3 version, meanwhile, takes up 17GB as a download and 8GB for the disc version, whereas the Xbox 360 version will require an 8GB install and will ship on four discs.

Wolfenstein: The New Order will be released on May 20.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Because of the lack of multiplayer I have no interest in picking this up at launch. I'll wait for a price drop or two and play it in 4-6 months

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Multiplayer means nothing to me. In fact I'm relieved to hear there will be no such mode as that would (hopefully) mean all the focus of the development was placed on the single player game. Assuming the reviews are not disastrous, the only decision for me will be between PS4 and Xbox One.

·
UHD Addict
38,975 Posts
Is it true that the install takes up 47GB of space on the PS4 and XBOne?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt  /t/1519996/wolfenstein-the-new-order#post_24671570

Is it true that the install takes up 47GB of space on the PS4 and XBOne?

My understanding is that 47GB is for a total install; you can also play the game off the disc and get away with only an 8GB install; remains to be seen what the performance and load times will be like using the latter option.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts