AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Wolfenstein coming out soon I'm really excited to looking forward to the MP. On the original Xbox 1 Return to castle wolfenstein the campaign was ok but on LIVE and PC the MP was so much fun.

I really hope this new Wolfenstein will still have the different roles you can play on MP like 'soldier', 'engineer', etc.

'Medic!'.....'I need ammo' lol

·
Registered
877 Posts
My favorite online multiplayer experience was the RTCW beta. Great community, with almost every drop-in match being a lot of fun. One map, the beach, over and over with some really refined strategies.

For whatever reason, I seem to enjoy online betas more than the final versions. That's largely because of the people involved. Live's beta years ago was great fun--we all just had a good time. Now it's screaming, singing, insulting asses to the point that I just mute them all.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
RTCW:ET MP was pretty much one of my favourite MP experiences...ever.

FIAH ZAH RAILGUN!

Here's to hoping this RTCW MP is even 1/2 that. Bring back the medics, lieutenant, soldier classes - I want it all!

-JR

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket /forum/post/16972801

RTCW:ET MP was pretty much one of my favourite MP experiences...ever.

FIAH ZAH RAILGUN!

Here's to hoping this RTCW MP is even 1/2 that. Bring back the medics, lieutenant, soldier classes - I want it all!

-JR

Holy crap! I had soooooo much fun playing ET on teh PC way back. I miss that game.
You DID NOT want to run into me in a hallway when I was packing heat....and by that I mean mad flamethrower time. Hahahah! Burn!
I remember kicking lots of ass and calling in air support (or artillery, I forgotz) as a lieutenant too.

I know there is a Quake version but I'd be in heaven if they would re-release the original ET for the 360.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8 MP maps and no elimination booo! Plyed for an hour on SP plays like old rtcw days game looks decent but not really polished.

·
Registered
16,844 Posts
Just heard some retailer broke street date on this game, anybody find it (if so where)?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RTCW players will be dissapointed but what the heck it's new.

·
Registered
16,844 Posts
rdank,

Nope, read on some forum I was browsing that it was being sold already but nobody mentioned what retailer was selling it early
. You see the posts above saying they have been playing it already but nobody will mention where they purchased, it all seems very cryptic at this point, is there a secret handshake or something

Jason

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I picked mine up at a local mom and pop shop, if anyone is located near RI I would be glad to give them the info of the store.

I got to play last night and I really enjoyed the campaign. Found it a little easy on hard but will play through again on the hardest level when done. Need to find things around the maps, as I only found about it on the third level. I went to try the multiplayer and after waiting for about 6-7 minutes for the host to start, he was waiting for his friend, I called it quits. I miss the COD where it starts once enough players are in. I'll try it again tonight.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Has anyone played the multiplayer on this yet? I'm curious whether it's at all comparable to RTCW or RTCW:ET.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Game is on its way from gamefly. I'm a bit worried though... not a single review up on metacritic yet which is usually a bad sign

·
Registered
4,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/16975550

Holy crap! I had soooooo much fun playing ET on teh PC way back. I miss that game.
You DID NOT want to run into me in a hallway when I was packing heat....and by that I mean mad flamethrower time. Hahahah! Burn!
I remember kicking lots of ass and calling in air support (or artillery, I forgotz) as a lieutenant too.

I know there is a Quake version but I'd be in heaven if they would re-release the original ET for the 360.

Ahh the good ol' flamethrower!
Those were always tough in tight quarters. Yep, it was arty, good stuff.
And don't forget when you had someone good with the mortar on the other team and you got zeroed in - never fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson /forum/post/17013157

Has anyone played the multiplayer on this yet? I'm curious whether it's at all comparable to RTCW or RTCW:ET.

I'm wondering as well. I never played RTCW MP, only RTCW:ET MP.

-JR

·
Registered
16,844 Posts
Picked this up and played a bit of the SP, it's good but not great. Tried to get into an MP match and it just sat there, after 3 attempts I went back to the SP.

Jason

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/17003539

rdank,

Nope, read on some forum I was browsing that it was being sold already but nobody mentioned what retailer was selling it early
. You see the posts above saying they have been playing it already but nobody will mention where they purchased, it all seems very cryptic at this point, is there a secret handshake or something

Jason

Cant tell you where I got it...or the secret handshake either

1 - 20 of 27 Posts