AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here (other than me) plan on buying Wolfenstein?

Provided I have the time, I'm going to prepare myself by playing through the rest of my Return to Castle Wolfenstein session this weekend.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Even tho I luv FPS, but I am tired of killing Nazi's. My 1st inclination is to take a pass.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Is it going to be on Steam?

Really, this will be what determines whether I even consider it. I'm so sick of DVD games that don't auto-patch and force me to go to places like Fileplanet to get patches. That, and keeping track of DVDs.

If it's GFWL with Achievements that will probably make me buy it for PC vs the 360.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/16997869

If they show a trailer with tons of slowdown that's not exactly promising...

Maybe the footage is from a console version. Although more care likely went into this game, Raven and id did do a poor job optimizing the Xbox 360 version of Quake 4. It could be that, or slowdown was used on the capturing to highlight particular sequences.

Unless the id Tech 4 modifications made for this game were shoddily done, I'm confident that reasonably good PCs will run it well at high resolutions with max settings.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I will play it eventually, but it's not a day 1 full MSRP purchase. Then again if it has more undead ancient German warriors, and hand-standing lightning-shooting zombie torsos I may not be able to wait.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I was a big fan of RTCW (multiplayer, campaign sucked) and RTCW:ET so hopefully this game follows in their footsteps. If nothing else, it should be something to play till MW:2.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/16997680

Is it going to be on Steam?

Really, this will be what determines whether I even consider it. I'm so sick of DVD games that don't auto-patch and force me to go to places like Fileplanet to get patches. That, and keeping track of DVDs.

It is a shame that this game hasn't made its way to Steam. I also greatly prefer not having to deal with discs.

·
Registered
19,040 Posts
The game seemed to drop out of nowhere. The fact that there was little to no hype surrounding it wasn't a good a sign. They weren't showing it much until the last few weeks before release.

I still miss the first game. I remember having to load it off a cassette tape on my Apple ][.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the reviews aren't so great. I'm still going to buy it this Friday.

The recent Steam release of the classic FPS game Kingpin: Life of Crime actually has me more excited.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I finished it tonight. Took me about 7 or 8 hours. I enjoyed it alot. The advanced weapons you get are pretty sweet and the enviroment is actually very destructable!!

IMO money well spent.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG /forum/post/17051081

I finished it tonight. Took me about 7 or 8 hours. I enjoyed it alot. The advanced weapons you get are pretty sweet and the enviroment is actually very destructable!!

IMO money well spent.

I agree. I am in the middle of the single-player campaign, and I find it to provide some good ol' fashioned FPS entertainment. I really like the pace, the weapons and the somewhat cheesy protagonist. The visuals are much better than the reviews have led me to believe.

That being said, given the rather underwhelming multiplayer aspect, I see why people would want to wait for this game to be cheaper before buying.

·
Registered
60 Posts
'If they show a trailer with tons of slowdown that's not exactly promising... '

Arkham Asylum had a ton of slowdown on the gamestop commercial. Thats Gamestop though...

Ill try the demo if there is one.

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Saw this being demo'd @ Quakecon.. very nice. There was some more of the supernatural elements in there which added to the creepiness of it.

It looked remarkably like a COD game. In fact, if I didn't know the two engines were different I would swear that both series were using the same one. Even the HUD and fonts looked identical. At first glance I thought it was a COD4 mod, and then I saw the banner and watched a little more.

Looks like it'll be fun, but I doubt I'd pay full price for it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts