AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, my wife and I welcomed a baby boy in the world Sunday morning. Amazing how your world turns upside down. =)

I recieved the following from Chang, and I'd like to thank him and Womble for listening!! They agreed to reprice the products and the new price reflect a discount greater than 50%!!!!

--------

This is to inform you that the reprices have been changed to

$119.95 for the MPEG-2 version, and

$ 29.95 for the MPEG-1 version.

Also, there is a update (V3.14 (04/2003)) with a few bug

fixes related to the audio-video sync. problems.

------

www.womble.com purchase page has the new prices!

I'd like to thank everyone around here for the encouragement to make the suggestion. I'm very happy they were willing to listen and make a change!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Making my purchase now...

Thanks for your work. And congrats on the addition to your family :)

***Update***

The kagi order confirmation page still says $249

I placed my order anyway under the assumption that it is a type-o

I will check with my credit card co and see what actually charged.

*** Update ***

As others have posted, the pricing is corrected now.

I received an email from Chang informing me that a refund of the difference is in process.

A happy camper again :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
As of right now, Kagi has the correct prices.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallben
As of right now, Kagi has the correct prices.
When you place the order:

Payment fee received:

1 Quantity Payment for MPEG2VCR, US 249.00

Total Amount Paid: USD 249

Date: 2003-05-01

Processed: 2003-05-01

PaymentMethod: card

So I think the prices are only changed on the order form, but not on the order processor.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bob645
When you place the order:

Payment fee received:

1 Quantity Payment for MPEG2VCR, US 249.00

Total Amount Paid: USD 249

Date: 2003-05-01

Processed: 2003-05-01

PaymentMethod: card

So I think the prices are only changed on the order form, but not on the order processor.

Ah ha. Didn't actually try to order it yet. My mistake.

Quote:
The kagi order confirmation page....
Totally missed the word confirmation. It's a tad late (early) here ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallben

Totally missed the word confirmation. It's a tad late (early) here ;)
Actually I pulled a fast one on you, I added 'confirmation' in my last edit on my post. I meant to say 'order confirmation page' so I guess it is me that is up too late. :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, phooey on you then! :p ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, my wife and I welcomed a baby boy in the world Sunday morning.
Congratulations! :)

Take ALOT of video -- these times go by SO quickly (ours is 3 now!)

-steve-

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Quote:
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, my wife and I welcomed a baby boy in the world Sunday morning. Amazing how your world turns upside down. =)

!
The fun for your wife and yourself have only just began. Your world will never be the same again And most of it for the better :p

Congratulations! ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I purchased Womble this morning, and then emailed support about the price difference. Their reply is below.

Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have noticed that kagi.com might have charged

with the old price, due to an error on their online

order form updating script, etc.

I have informed this error to kagi.com, and

asked them to refund the over charge.

We apologyze for this error and your inconvenience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Quote:

--------

This is to inform you that the reprices have been changed to

$119.95 for the MPEG-2 version, and

$ 29.95 for the MPEG-1 version.

Also, there is a update (V3.14 (04/2003)) with a few bug

fixes related to the audio-video sync. problems.

------

www.womble.com purchase page has the new prices!

I'd like to thank everyone around here for the encouragement to make the suggestion. I'm very happy they were willing to listen and make a change!
This is good news but a little bizarre ... maybe they're hoping to get thrice as many licenses sold this way. I thought they would work out some special thing for Replay users ( and have some way to check ) but instead they ( is it they? I have only ever seen Chang referenced ) appear to be just cutting it across the board for everyone. If sales double they break even.

Maybe they're just doing it for a limited time?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just bought it and the purchase page and the confirmation email all had the right price!!

Thanks for working this and thanks to the Womble folks for getting the price down! Sure made a difference for a number of us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:
Congrats on the baby!

If this is your first, it's even more amazing how different the selection of shows becomes on your box. If this is your only ReplayTV, it's amazing how quick you get one for the bedroom to start recording your favorite shows that you removed once the tyke figured out how to run the remote!

Oh ya, don't feed the baby this......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks very much for arranging this. :)

I have questions though. I bought the program and I see it says it works for WIN9X and NT. I thought I saw that it works for WIN2K somewhere too but now I can't find that.

Does it work with Windows XP as well?

If I install it to try on my WINXP machine and it doesn't work can I uninstall and reuse the registeration code to install it on my WIN98 PC? Or can the code be used just once?

I can email them I know but thought I'd ask here and maybe get a quicker response . Thanks for any help. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Considering how annoying I was in the other thread, I just wanted to say

THANK YOU!!!!

and congratulations of course. I'm five years in and I can assure you the worrying has not stopped yet. :);) I've been assured from a reliable source (my dad) that it never does.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ah crud,

bought and installed but the registration code they sent me does not activate the program :(:( e-mail has been sent (I know I'm dumb so let's just see what stupid mistake I've made)

Just a shame I won't get to play with it tonight. Will update and am no less grateful to both womble and Jeff, ESPECIALLY considering the circumstances. you've earned your "group buy merit badge" for this one I think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I normally wouldn't triple post this way, but I wanted to let you know that Chang just RESPONDED to my e-mail with the correct code.

It's 11pm on a Thursday and the guy opened his support mail... that says something...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.