AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming Womble can come down enough in price, which is the best (boy, that is a relative question) for conversion to "normal" formats for burning?

My current thought was to write a small Windows program (ok, I'm a Windows programmer) that could let you load and preview Replay MPG files, mark the commercials, and use the mpeg tools to cut and fix the time, then automatically run it through TMPGenc to shrink it down to fit in a SVCD (don't currently have a DVD burner).

Would Womble be a better choice?

Some other choice here folks?

Also, I've only seen general description of the evt files - not the specific content. I would love to be able to read them and set up default marks for the cutting (letting you move them, add to or remove them).

TMPGenc looks like a VERY good, but complex program (though only $50) while Womble sounds like a VERY good, but expensive program (that sounds like it might change).

David Stidolph

·
Registered
205 Posts
M2-Edit Pro

It simply ROCKS!

$1500 :-(

My boss bought it for me.... I convinced him it was required for a project.. :)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
TMPGEnc is fairly slow and inexact at making cuts and merges, but is very good at multi-pass VBR, which is really useful when making SVCDs. It also allows the use of templates such as KVCD that simplifies the re-encoding setup a great deal.

Womble is drag-n-drop easy and fast for cutting and merging, but I haven't tried it for re-encoding yet. At first glance it doesn't seem to have that many easy-to-figure-out options for multipass VBR.

Les_D,

Any chance you could convince your boss that to complete your project, I need a copy of M2-Edit Pro also?

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.