AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't we get some male announcers. All we get to look at is Mark Cuban.

Just having a little fun in response to other thread. sorry Mark

P.S. How about showing male water polo, and swimming

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Buff guys in Speedos and in HD :cool: That reminds me. Where is our Mr. Hawaiian Tropic contest on HDNet? :mad:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sorry ladies but I think Men in Speedo will not have a lot of audience ... :)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Now, in response to overwhelming demand from the female contingent of AVS, I've donated to HDNet over 16 hours of high definition images of me in a speedo. I'm currently in deep talks with Mark about doing an entire 16 hour marathon day. Believe me ladies, this stunning footage will cure you of any further impulse to see high quality images of men in speedos :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
this type of topic is going to start a huge snowball....

next i'll get some guy on here saying the he wants "black HD" and that he feels neglected

then we'll get a guy crying about more "mexican content"

shortly thereafter we'll get the state of rhode island claiming that HDNet is anti-gay because they dont have enough gay people on

you see the effects of a topic like this? just creates the idea that what we have is never enough and brings out all the complainers.

*this is not flamebait so dont retort back with a personal attack. i did this in tasteful manner.*

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I believe there is an antidote for the Tanya/HDNet

girl obsession now sweeping AVS forum...that is for AVS female members like Sharon L and Linda Britt to post photos of their beautiful selves for the enjoyment of this clearly male-dominated (and obviously horny) forum. What say you ladies? :)

BTW either of you going on the HT cruise next November?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
*this is not flamebait so dont retort back with a personal attack. i did this in tasteful manner.*
(Wooeeeee! That was tasteful? I'd hate to see a post from you that wasn't tasteful!!!)

Seriously though, Sharon has a perfectly valid point. It's been male-skewed (but aren't sports like Hockey, baseball generally male oriented?). I think from now on, HDNet will have more content and control over their programming and will probably go MOR. For example, the independant shorts aren't really gender specific.

But I hope Mark Cuban is taking note. Sharon, he does reply to emails to him (brief replies, but replies none-the-less) and welcomes ideas, so why not contact him and share your views.

Greg

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did post this topic in response to the other "male" posted topic. I am just having a little fun.

I am a very realistic person. I am thoroughly aware that the art of building a Home Theater, especially when new technology is introduced, is dominated by males. I see nothing wrong with this. It is just the way it is. But there are women, for what ever reason, who also enjoy the art and being the first one on the block to have the latest toys. I just happen to be one of them. I have built/upgraded my theater for numerous years.

I enjoy watching HDNET including all of the sports (wrestling wasn't bad), nature programs (the birds last night were great), and movies.

P.S. But things in this world do change over time. I have traded several pieces of my old equipment to my maid, a man, for numerous weeks of house cleaning.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All i can say is that pink is not your best color dean

m

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
Now, in response to overwhelming demand from the female contingent of AVS, I've donated to HDNet over 16 hours of high definition images of me in a speedo. I'm currently in deep talks with Mark about doing an entire 16 hour marathon day. Believe me ladies, this stunning footage will cure you of any further impulse to see high quality images of men in speedos :)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts
Although it pains me to say it, there may be some HDTV that I really don't want to see.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADebar
Tasteful and Adebar. Hmmmm..... In the same sentence? Hmmmm..... That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mcuban
All i can say is that pink is not your best color dean

m

I am curious how Dean looks in pink. I am willing to pay $5.99 for a view. I have a feeling Dean was giving himself too much credit:

"...Believe me ladies, this stunning footage will cure you of any further impulse to see high quality images of men in speedos :) "

Ladies, one of our moderators is a top bodybuilder, hint, hint.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
...and some of the rest of us have building bottoms and bellies ;)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
I am curious how Dean looks in pink. I am willing to pay $5.99 for a view. I have a feeling Dean was giving himself too much credit:
My mother warned me not to talke to sickos like you man!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz

Tasteful and Adebar. Hmmmm..... In the same sentence? Hmmmm..... That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
you win the gold medal for being the first to flame in every thread.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
No offense, Dean, but it sounds like I should save my $5.99. :eek:

Seriously, I'm looking forward to whatever 2002 Olympic Winter Games coverage that Mr. Cuban is able to offer for our enjoyment.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Even if we throw in a free copy of "Dean Does K-Tel's Greatest Hits"? Once you hear me crooning great tunes like "Brandi" or "Honey, I Miss You", over slow motion images of me in a speedo, running towards me in a speedo, through a field of flowers, you'll think it was the best six bucks you ever spent!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.